Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Weight Loss - A Positive Post!

Re: Weight Loss - A Positive Post!

Quote Originally Posted by ErinKC View Post
    Wow! Way to go!! I have not been following through on losing weight. I want to lose about 50 pounds. But I did just meet with a nutritionist last week so I'm hoping that's the kick I need! I also want more energy, not to get out of breath so easily, and just the overall boost in health. You're a great motivation!!
    A nutritionist is a great step!!! I actually contacted my doctor for a referral to one at the beginning of my journey. I’d just been to my doctors fairly recently, but they wouldnt give me a referral without seeing me again (and charging me $110 for the visit lol) so I decided not to give them the satisfaction hahaha. I’d love to hear how your appointment goes and any tips they give you!!

Yep, super horrible at updating my post lol. I’ve now lost 145 pounds. It’s really unbelievable to me that I’ve stuck with it this long. I’ve never lost more than thirty pounds my whole life. Not sure where the willpower came from this time, but I’m grateful for it! I have a little under 50 lbs to go until I reach my goal weight. So I plan to keep plugging away!

Another big thing that I seem to have lost is my health anxiety. I really haven’t been on the forum much lately - between my exercise routine and work and life in general, it’s just hard to find time for everything. Received some bad news about my dad, he has a form of blood cancer, something called multiple myeloma. He had a bunch of scans last week and returns to the oncologist tomorrow to see what the treatment plan will be. So I’m pretty worried about that, but he’s one of the strongest and most stubborn people I’ve ever known, so I think that will serve him well. If you’re the praying sort or the positive thoughts type, we sure could use as many as we can get right now.

I hope you’re all doing well! The rate this post is going, I’ll probably remember to update it again once I reach my goal weight lol.

You are doing amazingly well, it's an absolutely incredible amount to lose.

Definitely send lots of positive thoughts to you and your dad

I'll echo those thoughts...

Sending a whole bundle of positive thoughts your way and hoping that your dad's treatment can get started as soon as possible. He'll be in expert hands but it must be so worrying for you all

Please post on here if you need us....

Thanks everyone, it’s much appreciated. We got fantastic news today. While they did find myeloma cells in the biopsy last week, he does not have full blown myeloma, yet. So we’ve caught it very early. His pet scan is also totally clear other than the biopsied spot near his spine - and his bone marrow biopsy is clear. So all that’s required is localized radiation. No chemo or anything. Feeling so relieved for dad and our family tonight!!

That's such good news

That's really reassuring and very positive news!! He is so fortunate to have this caught at such an early stage. You must be so relieved!

Just catching up with you glassgirlw. You've been doing so well,you must be proud! Well done! xx

Yep, just me again, updating my post six months later

Been doing really well. For the last several months my anxiety has been almost non existent. I’ve now lost 170 pounds and I have about 20 pounds to go until my goal weight. Not sure I’ll hit that number as I (as expected) have all sorts of loose skin and I’m sure that weighs a fair bit. But I’m really happy where I’m at, so anything more will just be a bonus. I’ve been able to exercise again (have avoided that for 20+ years due to heart related health anxiety) so I’ve been able to over come that “high heart rate during exercise = bad” formula that always went thru my head.

Having a bit of an anxiety bump over the last week. Im 43, almost 44 - and (sorry men) I’m starting to notice changes in my menstrual cycle over the last year. Im not sure if it’s due to peri or due to dramatic weight loss. Cycle is shortening, length of period is shortening, cramps and breast tenderness increasing, and about every three months I have the dreaded skipped beats in the few days before my period. I know these can all be tied to peri. But, I’m working up the courage to go to my doc for full blood work and a physical/check up now that I’ve lost all this weight. Want to make sure none of my numbers are all out of whack. But that’s a big step for me lol. Big white coat syndrome here!!

I hope everyone has been doing well!!

Wow, you continue to do so well! You are definitely the right age for peri, the symptoms do sound like it.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread Information