Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I'm panicking right now

Re: I'm panicking right now

You really want these 2 jabs, Darlene so don't let anything get in the way of having them? Ok..You may have a panic attack or two (or more) in the process of getting them but that's a small price to pay for getting what you want and need which is the knowledge that you have done all you can to protect yourself from Covid's most serious symptoms.

It's not too late for you. Don't be put off by what this doctor has said. Go back and get your first jab done because it's the first step towards feeling safer and you'll feel so good for conquering your fear x

I am panicking again. I feel like I have a fever but I didn't check it because I just can't, I developed a huge fear during the pandemic and just can't check my temperature anymore except when I absolutely must.
    I didn't go anywhere last two weeks but my mother did. Is it really possible that a 61 years old and unvaccinated (she doesn't want the vaccine and I can't convince her, I tried sooo many times) can be asymptomatic and I double vaccinated can catch from her if she is positive? She appears to be completely healthy but I am in such a fear that I can't tell anymore what's real and what is not. I should go for my booster dose this week and now I don't know what is wrong with me.

I am obese and in constant fear that covid would be my death sentence. I knew a woman who was doubly vaccinated and healthy but obese and died from covid.

My heart rate is crazy for about three hours, even though I took xanax and I think I calmed down a bit but heart rate is still crazy and that's why I think I have a fever. I feel so alone and there is nobody around me who can comfort me. I just want this ****ing nigthmare of pandemic to end, I can't, I just can't anymore... I live in constant fear that my unvaccinated mother will die, that I despite the vaccine will die, I can't cope anymore. And it's my fault, I had two years to lose weight knowing that it is unhealthy and that people die every day just because of it and I didn't.

You are double vaccinated which is in your favour, the current strain is a lot milder than previously. So the likelihood of you becoming seriously ill is low.

I'm not an expert but I would say that if your mother is unvaccinated and has Covid it would be unlikely that she would have no symptoms at all.

The pandemic has been incredibly hard on all of us. Maybe look to the future a bit now, work on trying to manage your anxiety?

Thank you. I really hope it's nothing, I have some back pain now and I worry that could be pneumonia but it's really unlikely that she would have no symptoms, it's almost impossible. I worry for her also, every day, I can't convince her to take the jab. :(

Yes, it has been hard. Future seems so dark to me, I don't know what to think anymore. I will try with cognitive behavioral therapy and see...

If it helps, I have had pneumonia and back pain is just a side effect. You would have more noticeable symptoms, and you would have a bunch of symptoms before it even progressed to pneumonia.

I understand your fear. I'm vaccinated + boosted and I'm still afraid of Covid. People are so eager to just get back to normal, and I am too, but I'm still living with a lot of caution that they seem to have abandoned. No one seems bothered anymore.

Stay well, and good luck with your vaccines! They will give you some peace of mind, for sure.
    Sometimes I fly like an eagle, sometimes I'm deep in despair.

Quote Originally Posted by darlene85 View Post
    Thank you. I really hope it's nothing, I have some back pain now and I worry that could be pneumonia but it's really unlikely that she would have no symptoms, it's almost impossible. I worry for her also, every day, I can't convince her to take the jab. :(

Yes, it has been hard. Future seems so dark to me, I don't know what to think anymore. I will try with cognitive behavioral therapy and see...
    Hey Darlene - I understand your fear of Covid due to being obese. I was much the same way once they started saying that obese people had a much higher risk of becoming seriously ill with Covid. I’ve been obese my whole life so I get it. I spent most of 2020 in hibernation from everyone (except for going to work, couldn’t avoid that lol), but I didn’t do anything to improve my weight - in fact I gained weight during 2020. Finally in 2021 I decided enough was enough and made some huge changes to my diet. I’ve lost a fair amount of weight although still technically considered obese - but my mental state surrounding Covid and really everything else in general is much better.

I guess what I’m trying to say is it’s never too late to take control of your own body and your own eating habits. It’s not easy at first but it gets easier with time. Your food choices are something well within your control, while so much of the rest of the world is out of your control - so sometimes it feels good to take control of the things we can, and stop worrying so much about the things we can’t. Hugs!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information