Thread: All of a sudden worried about colon cancer!

All of a sudden worried about colon cancer!

Hello everyone

30 year old male here. Lately I have been concerned about colon cancer. I tend to be very gassy which I think is due to IBS. Certain foods trigger gas and I end up farting all the time. I have been this way for years.

I had my annual exam last week and had a complete blood workup and everything was fine. I noticed that on the morning of the test I felt fine since I hadn’t eaten anything.

Ughh idk why I’m worrying about this but any reassurance would be appreciated!

Re: All of a sudden worried about colon cancer!

Quote Originally Posted by THoltz View Post
    Hello everyone

30 year old male here. Lately I have been concerned about colon cancer. I tend to be very gassy which I think is due to IBS. Certain foods trigger gas and I end up farting all the time. I have been this way for years.

I had my annual exam last week and had a complete blood workup and everything was fine. I noticed that on the morning of the test I felt fine since I hadn’t eaten anything.

Ughh idk why I’m worrying about this but any reassurance would be appreciated!
    I don't know either?

Have you been reading about someone with colon cancer? Do you know somebody who has it?

You've just had a full check up and full blood work is all fine. There's nothing here to even hint at colon cancer? So this has to have come from somewhere else.

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Quote Originally Posted by NoraB View Post
    I don't know either?

Have you been reading about someone with colon cancer? Do you know somebody who has it?

You've just had a full check up and full blood work is all fine. There's nothing here to even hint at colon cancer? So this has to have come from somewhere else.
    Well you read about younger people getting it. I suspect I have IBS but CC is in the back of my mind for some reason

Well you read about younger people getting it. I suspect I have IBS but CC is in the back of my mind for some reason
    If you've been reading about BC, then you've triggered this fear yourself, and I'd argue that your thread title is misleading..

The definition of 'suddenly' is 'quickly and unexpectedly'. If you're actively reading stories about younger people (or anybody) having bowel cancer, then that's not unexpected, is it?

Most everybody who has HA (and IBS) has diagnosed themselves with bowel cancer, myself included, and that's because I put my IBS symptoms into Google and came up with cancer. But the reality is that I could type in literally any symptom and cancer will show up. This is why Googling is so problematic for people with HA!

One of your posts from 2020..

So Chadwick Boseman’s death has me concerned about colon cancer. I know younger people have been getting it in recent years but his death was shock to me.

Also from that post..

I has my annual physical a couple weeks ago and all of my tests were normal. My blood cell count and liver enzymes were all good. My last several physicals have been normal.
    Your tests were normal then and they're normal now. Do you really think that you would still have clear test results after a year if you have bowel cancer?

You started on here in 2017. Four pages of classic HA symptoms and fears. Yet here you are, four years later, with a clean bill of health. What does that tell you? The real issue here is a mental health one and for that you need therapy..

Thread Information