Thread: Little flecks of skin in urine?

Little flecks of skin in urine?

Ok strange question... are urine samples supposed to be completely clear?

Im not talking about the colour... Im very well hydrated and my urine is usually straw coloured or verging on tap water colour apart from early morning pee's which are usually yellower.

What Im referring too is... is your urine sample usually clear of tiny floating bits.... Ive become obsessed with checking my urine in a sample beaker and every time there are a few tiny specks of what looks like skin (dandruff) floating about in the sample and I can just feel my HA tightening its grip on me.

Is this normal or should I get myself booked into the doctor pronto before I keel over. I have no other symptoms and dont really fancy booking an appointment for something that may be completely normal... (I tend not to look at other peoples urine samples) so have nothing to judge my sample against?

Any feedback appreciated.

Thanks.

SG1977

Re: Little flecks of skin in urine?

My first question is why are you peeing into a beaker? And how, without making a huge mess??

second - if you have something going on with your bladder you will have symptoms besides visual floating bits. Discomfort, urges, etc. Is there a reason you can pinpoint that you have developed an obsession with your urine?

Im a man so its quite easy.... and it all started after my wife said I didnt drink enough water so I decided to check my pee to see if it was showing any signs of dehydration ie... cloudy. Anyways it wasn't cloudy or strangely coloured... but there were like little flakes of skin floating in it which I never noticed before. The water itself is crystal clear but for these tiny floaters.

Well from the quick Google I just did, you should only need to contact your doctor if you have significant symptoms that accompany the white flecks in your urine. Usually it’s from normal things like dead skin cell tissue or genital discharge. I’d say you’re fine.

also, you can check your dehydration level just by visually inspecting the color in the toilet bowl. No need to use a beaker, especially if you are prone to obsessing over these things. In my opinion it can just increase the likelihood of you going down some random HA rabbit hole. From experience, those are no fun lol.

Well thats reassuring... I tend to avoid google... because then I get really panicky.

For all I know Ive always had these odd little bits... never noticed them before I pee'd in a beaker (you would never see them in a toilet unless you have the eyes of an eagle!) and would probably still be oblivious. Ignorance is bliss.

So just out of interest does anyone else have/had this or am I some kind of human anomaly that can urinate dead skin cells?

Thread Information