Thread: Does this sound like a heart attack?

Does this sound like a heart attack?

Hi, i started a new job yesterday on the fruit and veg department at sainsbury's which involves lifting trays of apple and oranges, anyway its day 2 and i bent down to pick some mess up off the floor and all of a sudden my chest started to squeeze and it would squeeze on and off or when i breathed in or moved a certain way or bend down again but not continuously, this lasted maybe over an hour but its gone now and its been nearly and hour. Even tried to move around roughly just now to test it out but not feeling anything now. So im confused

Im 28. I'm not a healthy guy, i do love eating and I'm pushing 17 stones, so ive been thinking about heart attacks now.
    Last edited by JustBenn; 20-09-21 at 14:49.

Re: Does this sound like a heart attack?

Trust me you wouldn't be posting on here if you were having a heart attack so NO it doesn't sound anything like one.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

I would have it looked at. I certainly don’t want to cause unneeded anxiety but you can absolutely have a massive heart attack and not be completely aware. We are just going through this now with my husband. The damage is done but we move forward. You’re young which is in your favor, but I’d absolutely encourage you to have it checked and either get peace of mind that all is well or get things treated that left unchecked will create much greater problems.

Quote Originally Posted by EdnaLegume View Post
    I would have it looked at. I certainly don’t want to cause unneeded anxiety but you can absolutely have a massive heart attack and not be completely aware.
    At 28? Ridiculously unlikely and something, based on the OP history will just feed his fear.

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by JustBenn View Post
    Hi, i started a new job yesterday on the fruit and veg department at sainsbury's which involves lifting trays of apple and oranges, anyway its day 2 and i bent down to pick some mess up off the floor and all of a sudden my chest started to squeeze and it would squeeze on and off or when i breathed in or moved a certain way or bend down again but not continuously, this lasted maybe over an hour but its gone now and its been nearly and hour. Even tried to move around roughly just now to test it out but not feeling anything now. So im confused

Im 28. I'm not a healthy guy, i do love eating and I'm pushing 17 stones, so ive been thinking about heart attacks now.
    I think you might had pinched your chest/back nerve while lifting the apples and oranges in an uncomfortable position. It's not anything serious if it's gone already but I guess you should pay more attention of how you are carrying the work from now on.

The op’s history?? The part where he said he’s NOT healthy?? Absolutely no harm in getting it checked out, yet much harm could come from not. Being 28 doesn’t make him immune.

The op’s history?? The part where he said he’s NOT healthy?? Absolutely no harm in getting it checked out, yet much harm could come from not. Being 28 doesn’t make him immune.
    Yes, the OP's history. Looking at the thread history of a member gives you insight as to the HA pattern of fears they exhibit. This has been a recurring fear for close to ten years. Again, you're planting the seed of fear.

As one who has had two heart attacks, triple bypass surgery and stents, I can attest you wouldn't be posting on an anxiety forum seeking reassurance. Certainly, the OP can go get paid reassurance but I can think of better ways to spend that money.

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

I certainly don’t want to cause unneeded anxiety
    Here it comes...
    but you can absolutely have a massive heart attack and not be completely aware.
    If you took a few seconds to look at the OP's posting history, you'd see a classic case of health anxiety. Given this, what level of anxiety do you imagine you've caused by your comment?

I'm sorry that you're going through this with your husband but I think that your emotions have clouded your judgement on this one.

Hi, i started a new job yesterday on the fruit and veg department at sainsbury's which involves lifting trays of apple and oranges,

The OP started a new job which involves lifting and constantly using his chest muscles. So I'm seeing muscle spasm/strain. When pain is affected by movement or position, it's most likely a muscular skeletal issue..

While I've no doubt that your intentions were good, this is an anxiety forum where most people have health anxiety. Occasionally it's obvious (to most people) that medical intervention is needed but people still need to choose their words carefully by finding the balance of encouraging the person to seek medical assistance but not in a way that will totally freak them out! But I don't think that this is one of those occasions.
    Last edited by NoraB; 03-10-21 at 08:02.

Thread Information