Thread: Completely scared of covid reinfection

Completely scared of covid reinfection

Hi everyone.

I’m a teacher and struggling right now to live a normal life based around covid. I have kids in my class off currently with it but because we are double vaxed, can just go about as normal. I’ve been doing lateral flow tests all of which are negative to this point but I’m wondering if I’m missing something. Have I don’t it right. Maybe I didn’t leave it in solution long enough? My main fear is reinfection as I hated having covid last time. Has anyone been reinfected? X

Re: Completely scared of covid reinfection

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Hi katyfitz,

I'm so sorry to hear you have been so worried lately, but I hope you feel better soon. I am nor sure about the reinfection part as my family and I are facing this awful virus for the first time.

I do know though that we as a family were doing lfts as a precaution before getting the virus and in all our cases it picked up covid very quickly and each time was proven right with a pcr.

We did them on our children and ourselves and they all came bk positive this was over the course of the week but it definately picked covid up. We didn't have to wait the full 30 mins either when we had it it was almost instantly shown on the test strip.

I hope this helps stay safe and well and strong xx

I really appreciate your reply, thanks so much! I wish you and your family better xx

Thankyou katyfitz I hope you stay well and you get some answers soon x

Hi Katy,

Thankyou for all you are doing, I know I would be anxious in your situation too. I also had covid and am now double jabbed.

One thing to remember is that you have so many antibodies now, so its really unlikely you'll get it again. 2 jabs and covid is extremely good protection.

If you do, which as I said is extremely unlikely (i haven't heard of any cases of reinfection after 2 jabs, but there may well be some!), it will be really mild. The jabs will make sure of that!

Keep testing, but it sounds like you're doing everything right. If you are in close contact with a definite case then I think you can get a PCR to confirm (worth doing if you are going anywhere or seeing anyone else and concerned about that) but your chances of getting it are minuscule.

I really appreciate your reply to me x

Thread Information