Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Neighbor may have covid

Neighbor may have covid

So my neighbors aunt that visited all week tested positive. We were around them over saturday night. Not super close, outside but in a barn with the doors open. Im freaking out. I dont think any of us have the shot. We are all terrified of it. Neighbor is going to get tested tomorrow but he says he has a terrible headache and he doesnt get headaches. What are the odds we caught it sinxe he wasnt showing symptoms at the time?

Re: Neighbor may have covid

From what I’ve heard with delta you can be contagious up to 48 hours prior to symptoms or I think it’s like 2-7 days after, median of 3-4 days. They say outside is safer than in, unfortunately there’s just no way to know without testing. And it does just seem to be luck of the draw. Some are exposed and never get it while others do. Doesn’t seem to be a real rhyme or reason to it.

We are praying that we are safe and taking this as a wake up call that we need to tighten back up

Sunflower, why is everyone unvaccinated, yet everyone is 'terrified of it' ? Maybe it could push you into considering vaccination ? Being outside in the barn with the doors open and not that physically close sounds like people were pretty sensible, and the fact your neighbour might have it is probably due to having the Aunt stay inside the house, sharing space, for a week. However, as has been mentioned above, the 'unlikely' can happen and the 'likely' often doesn't happen with this virus.

There is so much politics wrapped up with the vaccine and people tell me twrri that things that can happen with it. Half the people in the hospital now are vaccinated. So many people that are fully vaccinated still getting covid and still getting very sick from it. We just dont know what is right anymore.

What area of the country are you in? I haven’t heard of any areas where half the hospitalized patients are vaccinated. Are you hearing that from reputable sources or on social media? The only reason I’m asking is because social media is notorious lately for spreading some of the most blatant misinformation I’ve seen yet during this pandemic.

Vaccination is definitely a personal choice. But people need to make sure they’re making that choice based on factual and reputable information. In my area, we have a 60% vaccination rate. Only 5 out of the 100 Covid patients in our largest hospital system are vaccinated. Those 5 are severely immunocompromised. Cancer patients receiving active chemotherapy, recent transplant patients, and those with multiple severe underlying issues.

Quote Originally Posted by glassgirlw View Post
    What area of the country are you in? I haven’t heard of any areas where half the hospitalized patients are vaccinated. Are you hearing that from reputable sources or on social media? The only reason I’m asking is because social media is notorious lately for spreading some of the most blatant misinformation I’ve seen yet during this pandemic.
    But, but, social media is wonderful and anyone who doesn't use it is an unintelligent reactionary.

So I've been told.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunflower318 View Post
    There is so much politics wrapped up with the vaccine and people tell me twrri that things that can happen with it. Half the people in the hospital now are vaccinated. So many people that are fully vaccinated still getting covid and still getting very sick from it. We just dont know what is right anymore.
    "People tell me that "things" can happen with it"...Have these people actually experienced these "things" themselves? Of course people can have side effects from any vaccine but in the vast majority of cases they are not life threatening, merely a routine response and quick to pass.

What would "tightening up" mean to you?

My son has had covid for just over a week now. His partner in her early 40s is double jabbed and has tested negative right through it with no symptoms. Likewise myself and my wife were most likely exposed to him shedding virus whilst here was here sharing a takeaway with us and a car ride with me. Getting vaccinated is a no-brainer in my book, you are doing something positive for yourself, your loved ones and the human race in general. Not to mention compromising the virus by laying obstacles in its way, forcing it to work harder for its next infection.

Really, what is there to think about?

Sunflower, I hope you are doing well.

Keep in mind that this is just a vaccine, like any other vaccine. It has been studied extensively. They did not develop this in a single year. They have been working on a SARS vaccine since 2003 and have been working with mRNA vaccines for longer.

I still go a little bit crazy sometimes...
    but now I don't stay near as long.

[Mostly] managing anxiety, HA, and depression.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information