Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Still blood in urine

Blood in urine

Advice please. I recently went to my GP as I had noticed I had passed a small amount of blood in my urine. Although my sample looked clear the Dr carried out a dip test which was positive for blood. She sent a sample off to the lab which only showed 4 ul of red cells and came back ‘normal’. One GP that signed off the test at the surgery said no further action. However my own GP just phoned me and said she felt the dip stick test was more accurate and is advising carrying out another test in a week and if positive is sending me for a bladder scan. This is now really making me anxious. Can anyone else relate? I’m a 64 year old female and otherwise in good health with no other symptoms apart from my anxiety.

TIA

Re: Blood in urine

We literally have hundreds of posts about this so scroll down to the bottom and have a read of similar threads.

I get blood in urine caused by kidney stones.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Re: Blood in urine

Thanks Nicola. I was just a bit confused with the conflicting advice by the different GPs

thanks

Still blood in urine

10 days ago I had a dip test which found blood in urine. The test was repeated today and there was still blood. The gp is now referring me for an urgent 2 week referral. I know that it’s early days to be worrying but I am really in panic mode. I know there have been a number of posts on here about this but surely there must be a cause for this as there shouldn’t be blood in urine?

thanks Lisa

Re: Still blood in urine

Could be kidney stones or some people just have blood in their urine all the time (the doctor told me that cos I usually do).

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

Thanks Nic

I'm sorry you're dealing with this, I can imagine how scary it is! I haven't had any personal experience but my mom (late 50s) recently had this same issue. she put off being seen for two weeks because she never feels the need to go to the doctor for anything, and then finally went. Turned out she had a UTI with no other symptoms!

So today I had a CT scan (urogram) on my pelvis due to the ongoing blood in my urine. On Monday I had a Cystoscopy but although this showed a normal bladder there was indications of a small mass protruding into the bladder. The CT scan was arranged really quickly. I know it normally takes a few days for the radiology department to report on the findings to the GP but I’m wondering if they see something serious would they phone quicker I.e the same day. Obviously my anxiety has gone into overdrive and feel that this time they will find something abnormal. I hate the waiting and worrying. Does anyone have experience of this please?

thanks Lisa

It’s definitely anxiety provoking waiting on test results. I would think if a radiologist comes across something that needs immediate attention they would phone the doctor. Mostly everything is done electronically these days and so doctors receive results and reports far more faster these days, normally within a day or two.

I do for some reason often have some blood in my urine but a cause has never been found. I have never had the testing you have had but it seems like they are taking all the right steps to find the cause. I know it’s stressful waiting on results after you have been told you have some sort of mass. I am dealing with that anxiety at the moment. I found a mass on my leg just below my knee a few months ago and I have just had scans to try and see what it is. I had it done this past Thursday and have been on edge ever since. I go to the doctor this afternoon for results and I am even more anxious about that. I have just tried to keep myself busy, I have done my best to keep my mind busy on other things. Maybe you can try that? It helps.
    I keep telling myself over and over that yes, it could be something bad but the odds that it’s not are more likely. That’s true for my situation and it’s true for yours. Try to keep reminding yourself of that fact. Sending you positive vibes 😊

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information