Thread: Scared about Melanoma, pics included

Scared about Melanoma, pics included

Hey everyone, I’m back.

Basically, I’ve had a mole on my right thigh for years, ever since I can remember. In about the last 4 or 5 years, it has not grown, but slightly spread out and faded around the edges with the center remaining the same color it always has.

I am worried that due to the multiple colors, this could be melanoma. I’m also worried that the pain I’ve been having in my right side could possibly be melanoma that’s spread to the liver, which is one of the most common places for melanoma to metastasize. I’ve almost convinced myself that I have stage 4 metastatic melanoma and I only have months to live.

I cannot remember the last time I was this scared.

Picture of the mole in question below. I have many other moles as well, but they all appear normal, this is the only abnormal one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Scared about Melanoma, pics included

No pictures please.

Why haven't you asked a doctor about the moles?

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Scared about Melanoma, pics included

I see my doctor on the 29th of this month for a physical exam. I am going to ask her then. I’m sure she will say it looks normal, but just trying to keep myself grounded until then.

I’m also trying to tell myself that if there were metastases on my liver, they would’ve shown on the ultrasound I had in late July, which was for my gallbladder but stated “the liver appears normal.”

Yeah so there you go - panicking for no reason.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

I have dozens of moles. I am also at high risk for melanoma. So, I get checked every six months. Many of my moles have done exactly what you are describing. My doc will tell his assistant to write that very thing in his notes. He says it’s normal, but they make a note about these changes just to be extra safe.

I bet you’re fine. Show your doc and you’ll feel better. 😁

Thanks everyone.

Just got back from my appointment. My doctor said it looks like a normal mole and that if she were worried she would send me to a dermatologist but she’s not worried whatsoever!

Good for you!!! I hope you have a wonderful day!

Thread Information