Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post
You'd be surprised how many people say it mutates in the vaccinated.
So I hadn't heard that yet, but then just the other day I did! It appears they are confusing antibiotic resistant bacteria with virus mutation and I just...can't.

Quote Originally Posted by ckelley116 View Post
My test results came back last night and they were "inconclusive". Not positive, not negative, and the test couldn't be performed because "swab-ciral culturette exceeded stability". I can't be sure because I don't speak the language, but I Googled briefly and it seems it may have gotten too warm or too much time passed between collection and testing, rendering the sample unviable. So now I have to go get another test. The earliest appointment I could find is tomorrow, 8 days after my first symptom. So I'm not sure how valuable the test will be at that point (but I'm still going to get it).

The good news is that I'm starting to feel better. Whatever I had felt like a typical head cold and I feel like it probably peaked over the weekend with lots of stuffiness and productive coughing, and I'm coming down from it now. My sister is still fine and so is my husband (and if this is Covid, it's almost certainly Delta, and he should be experiencing symptoms by now if he'd caught it). I'm still a bit stuffy but not coughing nearly as much. So whatever this is, it's probably almost over.
That's odd, I've never heard of that happening before. I'm surprised they didn't run it as a rapid test and then send off for the PCR (what they did for me) but it seems every place handles things a bit differently. I would think if you'd had Covid you'd probably still test positive, but again, it's hard to say.

Glad you are feeling better!