Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Might have Covid.

Re: Might have Covid.

Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post
    You'd be surprised how many people say it mutates in the vaccinated.

Just recently a hashtag appeared in twitter - #pureblood - used by the unvaccinated.
    Pathetic isn't it.

Quote Originally Posted by .Poppy. View Post
    The mark of the beast concept is fascinating to me. I'm not religious but have heard others explain that the original "mark" was referring to the design on Roman Empire coins, the negative connotation being that places that were conquered had to use that currency or else they were unable to trade and go about daily lives. No idea on the accuracy there but it's an interesting historical perspective.

I hope you get to feeling better. Sudafed seemed to help me quite a bit.
    Yes, it's quite strange to those of us who weren't brought up with it. To the best of my knowledge, Revelation itself can actually be looked at as a rather imaginative discussion of the political climate of Rome vs. the expanding Christian church in the late 1st century (in sympathy with the Christians who were being persecuted at the time). Also, I believe the Mark (assuming it's an actual mark and not what you describe, though what you say actually makes perfect sense within the historical context) is supposed to go on the forehead or right hand. But unless the minion of Satan who gave me my vaccine was doing it wrong, mine went in my left arm and I have yet to be asked to pull up my sleeve to pay for my groceries

Anyway, that concludes today's Biblical History lesson. Thanks for the advice! I just ran out of Dayquil so may send husband out later to get me some Sudafed in case I end up needing it.
    Last edited by ckelley116; 24-09-21 at 17:47.

Just recently a hashtag appeared in twitter - #pureblood - used by the unvaccinated.
    Used with a hefty dose of crossed fingers though? The new Aryan race who will take over the world when all the vaccinated have dropped dead after the allotted 2 years of polluted vaccine coursing through their poison-riddled veins...

Ugh. Disgusting.

I'm not anti-religion by any means, but if God created man and then man created vaccines, surely God has to take at least partial responsibility? Though that discussion could go round in circles for a very long time.

The vaccines have saved many millions of lives but you will find anti-vaxxers everywhere. A friend of my wife was in hospital for 8 days because her husband was anti-vax and reading between the lines I think he pressured her into not having it. He didn't get the virus though but DID get the vaccine after she went down with it. She told me how scared she was but thankfully she's ok now.

Glad to hear that, Fishman. Nothing like a close brush with covid to produce a swift volte-face.

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    Glad to hear that, Fishman. Nothing like a close brush with covid to produce a swift volte-face.
    Indeed Pulisa, I don't like the guy though, he strikes me as controlling and has fallen out with family and friends since she's been with him.

Quote Originally Posted by ckelley116 View Post
    Whatever I have is starting to feel more like a cold. Sore throat is gone, but today I'm feeling mildly congested. Still no fever or loss of smell/taste, and my cough is still tickly rather than deep/lung-related, but I do have pressure in my head and sinuses. It seems silly to jump to the Covid conclusion when it feels like any other cold I've ever had and very well could be. I wouldn't even be thinking Covid if not for that concert.
    last week for about 4 days I had those same exact symptoms, and no Covid that I’m aware of. Just a run of the mill cold. Lots of those going around right now, we just don’t hear as much about them! I hope you get to feeling better soon!!

Quote Originally Posted by glassgirlw View Post
    last week for about 4 days I had those same exact symptoms, and no Covid that I’m aware of. Just a run of the mill cold. Lots of those going around right now, we just don’t hear as much about them! I hope you get to feeling better soon!!
    Ditto for me on and off over the past week or two.

My test results came back last night and they were "inconclusive". Not positive, not negative, and the test couldn't be performed because "swab-ciral culturette exceeded stability". I can't be sure because I don't speak the language, but I Googled briefly and it seems it may have gotten too warm or too much time passed between collection and testing, rendering the sample unviable. So now I have to go get another test. The earliest appointment I could find is tomorrow, 8 days after my first symptom. So I'm not sure how valuable the test will be at that point (but I'm still going to get it).

The good news is that I'm starting to feel better. Whatever I had felt like a typical head cold and I feel like it probably peaked over the weekend with lots of stuffiness and productive coughing, and I'm coming down from it now. My sister is still fine and so is my husband (and if this is Covid, it's almost certainly Delta, and he should be experiencing symptoms by now if he'd caught it). I'm still a bit stuffy but not coughing nearly as much. So whatever this is, it's probably almost over.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information