Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324

Thread: Bowel Cancer Fear

Re: Bowel Cancer Fear

So pleased this is over for you and that it's a manageable condition.

this is great! glad all was well and you got your answer and its a very manageable one

Thank you everyone. I know ulcerative colitis could still be challenging but it’s very different to the scenario I had been imagining.

I'm truly glad to see the result of the tests and I had a gut feeling from the beginning this diagnosis would be the case. Rather than summon the 'Told Ya So' gang, I'll just advise you on what you already know. Next time you get pulled into the rabbit hole, remember this thread and take the pro-active stance of treating the root of the issue rather than torturing yourself Ok?

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Deb350 View Post

Colonoscopy itself was a breeze!
    I quite enjoyed mine Deb.

Good to hear your news. Remember this in the future if you start circling around that rabbit hole! X

This has taught me a valuable lesson about my unhealthy anxiety behaviours.

I had utterly convinced myself that it was cancer. I should have listened as everyone kept telling me, there is more than one reason for rectal bleeding.

Dr Google is not a good resource for someone like me, I don’t know when to stop. I’m not going to google ulcerative colitis, I have my diagnosis and some medication which according to the consultant I should notice a difference after 8 weeks. I also have a follow up appointment to see how I’m getting on.

I cannot thank everyone on here enough for reading my posts and helping to support me.

Quote Originally Posted by Deb350 View Post

Dr Google is not a good resource for someone like me, I don’t know when to stop. I’m not going to google ulcerative colitis, I have my diagnosis and some medication which according to the consultant I should notice a difference after 8 weeks.
    The best advice you can give to yourself Deb.

This is reality. You have a diagnosis but it's a world away from the one you imagined for yourself. You also have a plan of action.

All the best..

Glad it's a quite manageable condition. Now time to work on keeping yourself out of the hell spiral! (Says me, who's also working on that)

Quote Originally Posted by Balt View Post
    Glad it's a quite manageable condition. Now time to work on keeping yourself out of the hell spiral! (Says me, who's also working on that)
    It’s not easy is it!!

Happy for you it wasn't cancer. Bit annoyed with the told you so people that thought you had piles but nothing serious and there was no way you had cancer. First..they dont know.. bowel/colon cancer is easily misdiagnosed. Many young get it. You can have it for years. So insane to say that in 4 months or 6 months you would be very ill. no way! Then Colitis Ulcerosa is NOT nothing.. its not good.. and it increases your chance of cancer.. so please people if you have bowel issues, change in bowel moves , and especially blood it is a red flag.

Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324

Thread Information