Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Bowel Cancer Fear

Re: Bowel Cancer Fear

Quote Originally Posted by WorryWendy View Post
    If the blood is bright red it's more than likely piles. Especially if you're straining. I've had them before and they bled alot!
    That’s what the GP said. It’s hard to stay rational when you see blood though!

I’m still here fretting about bowel cancer :( I cut myself some slack over the past couple of weeks while I dealt with my annual mammogram and decided not to look down the toilet to give myself a break mentally.

Anyway, I decided not to live in denial and after straining yesterday there was blood again. So now my mind has completely gone crazy, I spent 3 hours last night googling bowel cancer.

I guess I will have to now try and get a flexible sigmoidoscopy done, I’m petrified!! Has anyone else experienced bleeding from piles which isn’t relieved by creams? My GP said I have internal piles and a possible tear. I’m just so fearful it’s cancer.

It really doesn't sound like cancer to me.

I have had bleeding this week as well but don't give it a second thought now as I have had it before.

If you will only be reassured with procedures being done then by all means ask the doctor for a referral (if they will do it)

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

I think I’m going to have to pluck up the courage and ring the doctors again.

Surely piles would have settled down again by now.

I keep thinking perhaps the GP didn’t feel any internal piles, just said that to shut me up!!

Quote Originally Posted by Deb350 View Post
    I think I’m going to have to pluck up the courage and ring the doctors again.

Surely piles would have settled down again by now.

I keep thinking perhaps the GP didn’t feel any internal piles, just said that to shut me up!!
    And risk his career?

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    And risk his career?

FMP
    Unfortunately I’ve been let down by a doctor in the past who said I didn’t have a lump in my breast, when in actual fact I did and I had breast cancer. Doesn’t fill me with hope!!

In more encouraging news, I’ve been using a sitz bath, staying hydrated and keeping my bowel motions soft which has seemed to help the issue.

I'm really sorry about your situation and I hope you've managed to find a way out of it. Give us an update on your situation, please. Diagnosing colon cancer is an individualized, case-by-case procedure. The process includes clinical examinations, tests, and imaging investigations. The precise diagnosis comes after performing cytological tests, which clearly establish the nature of the cells, the biopsy being the sure method to confirm colon cancer. Fortunately, doctors can cure colon cancer if identified and treated correctly. At fenbenlab.com, you can find various Fenbendazole options in powder and capsule form in differing volumes.
    Last edited by karenzoall; 03-12-21 at 10:10.

Quote Originally Posted by karenzoall View Post
    I'm really sorry about your situation and I hope you've managed to find a way out of it. Give us an update on your situation, please.
    Hi, thanks for checking in on me. I’m currently waiting for a flexible sigmoidoscopy to check on these piles. I don’t seem to have a problem when I don’t strain to pass a bowel movement.

Could be a fissure

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Quote Originally Posted by nomorepanic View Post
    Could be a fissure
    Oh definitely, probably a fissure and piles!!

Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread Information