Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Bowel Cancer Fear

Bowel Cancer Fear

Hi

I’m new to this forum so will give you a bit of a background about me. I suffer from health anxiety, which has escalated over the years following my breast cancer diagnosis when I was 35. I am now 44. I have received counselling over the years and currently take an anti depressant to help manage my anxiety.

Over the past month I have experienced a small amount of blood with my bowel movements, after 3 requests for a GP appointment I finally saw my GP on Monday who carried out a rectal examination and diagnosed internal piles. This should have put my mind at rest but I’ve become completely obsessed with the thought that I have bowel cancer. I just don’t believe what my GP says. I think this stems from my GP dismissing my breast cancer symptoms because of my age and no family history and I had to seek a second opinion.

Since my breast cancer diagnosis I’ve diagnosed myself with various cancers over the years and have always been wrong!! However because I’ve already had cancer I struggle because I’m just expecting to get another type!

I’m very fortunate to have survived cancer but struggle to live my life because of the constant fear.

Re: Bowel Cancer Fear

It really does sound like piles to me. I get them and they can bleed a lot.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Quote Originally Posted by nomorepanic View Post
    It really does sound like piles to me. I get them and they can bleed a lot.
    I’ve had a lot of itching too, so I guess piles is a very high probability!

Rectal Bleeding Still Panicking!!

I’ve been experiencing some bright red blood rectal bleeding accompanied with some itching for several weeks now.

I saw my GP she did a rectal examination and diagnosed internal piles. I was given some suppositories to try, that was a week ago and the bleeding is still happening. I am beside myself with worry. How long do internal piles take to clear up?

I keep thinking the GP lied to me just to get me out of the surgery!

Any advice gratefully received.

Re: Rectal Bleeding Still Panicking!!

I think the itching is a good sign that your GP is right. I know I get itchy back there when I see blood on the toilet paper. If it continues, pressure them for more services?

In the meantime are you getting help for HA? It's tough, I know, but worth it.

weeks/months/years - any length of time really.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

Quote Originally Posted by Balt View Post
    I think the itching is a good sign that your GP is right. I know I get itchy back there when I see blood on the toilet paper. If it continues, pressure them for more services?

In the meantime are you getting help for HA? It's tough, I know, but worth it.
    If it carries on I will definitely be calling the GP again. I’ve had various sessions of counselling over the years including CBT. I really struggle to implement what I’ve learnt when I get like this!

Quote Originally Posted by nomorepanic View Post
    weeks/months/years - any length of time really.
    Crikey that long! Not sure I could cope with that!

I keep reading that internal piles should disappear in a week!

Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast

Thread Information