Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Bowel Cancer Fear

Re: Bowel Cancer Fear

well mine haven't

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

I've always been under the assumption that they never really go away, rather they just calm down until they erupt again

Quote Originally Posted by Balt View Post
    I've always been under the assumption that they never really go away, rather they just calm down until they erupt again
    That makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by nomorepanic View Post
    well mine haven't
    Looks like I could be dealing with this for a while then!

So I managed to keep my anxiety under control for a week or so, mainly because I’ve had my period and I often find it hard to decipher where the blood is coming from after a bowel movement, when my period is very heavy.

Now that’s over, I’m back to panicking again every time I need the toilet. I had to strain this morning and wasn’t brave enough to look because there was bound to be blood and I would be back in a vicious cycle of anxiety again.

Now I’m worried I’m in denial about bowel cancer and should ask for a colonoscopy. My doctor has told me I have internal piles and need to keep my bowel movements soft, which obviously I haven’t done, hence straining this morning. I don’t believe that it’s just piles.

Writing this I can see how ridiculous I sound, I just can’t seem to think rationally!!

I have the same fear right now.

No blood but soft stools for about a month with no let up and lost about 9lbs.

I have no appetite and get a sharp pain to the right of my belly button.

I have blood tests tomorrow but I'm convinced this is cancer and it's too late

Quote Originally Posted by WorryWendy View Post
    I have the same fear right now.

No blood but soft stools for about a month with no let up and lost about 9lbs.

I have no appetite and get a sharp pain to the right of my belly button.

I have blood tests tomorrow but I'm convinced this is cancer and it's too late
    I feel your pain!! I’ve just been on the phone to the doctors and they want me to try another week of suppositories to see if it settles my symptoms. I’m so scared it won’t and I’ve got bowel cancer.

Which blood tests are they doing?

Quote Originally Posted by Deb350 View Post
    I feel your pain!! I’ve just been on the phone to the doctors and they want me to try another week of suppositories to see if it settles my symptoms. I’m so scared it won’t and I’ve got bowel cancer.

Which blood tests are they doing?
    Frustrating when it feels like they're wasting time isn't it?

I'm having a whole host. FBC, Urea & electrolytes (had both in March and all okay), Lipase for Pancreas function, Liver Function and HBa1C for diabetes.

When I was chatting to the nurse about what I've been experiencing, first thing she said was "you're not diabetic are you?" - so it's looking potentially likely to be that. But I'll have my results tonight/tomorrow she said as it's marked down as looking for infection which gets treated as urgent.

Quote Originally Posted by WorryWendy View Post
    Frustrating when it feels like they're wasting time isn't it?

I'm having a whole host. FBC, Urea & electrolytes (had both in March and all okay), Lipase for Pancreas function, Liver Function and HBa1C for diabetes.

When I was chatting to the nurse about what I've been experiencing, first thing she said was "you're not diabetic are you?" - so it's looking potentially likely to be that. But I'll have my results tonight/tomorrow she said as it's marked down as looking for infection which gets treated as urgent.
    It is frustrating, at least you don’t have to wait long for the results of the blood tests.

I’m getting myself into a real state today about bowel cancer, I’m convinced I’ve got it.

If the blood is bright red it's more than likely piles. Especially if you're straining. I've had them before and they bled alot!

Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread Information