Thread: Brain looping music

Question Brain looping music

Hi everyone

I am wondering if anyone who has anxiety or high stress has ever experienced this as it has literally put me in total chaos. what is happening is my brain is keep looping sounds it hears for example today, I phoned my doctors and my brain kept looping the hold music none stop all day once I was off the phone. It even loops music that plays in the shops or anything sound I hear.

I do have adhd and have random music that loops with that but it’s not like this. The adhd music does not affect my concentration at all and is quite pleasant. It all started when I was in very high stress situation. I also started to get tinnitus which is still present. I had taken an antidepressant at maximum dose for ten years but I tapered it as I panicked as I struggled to even cross a road. this all started in summer 2018. I have had many blood tests but they are normal. my sleep is disturbed every night as I wake up multiple times.I think I might now have insomnia.

I have had anxiety all of my life but once I treated my adhd it was life changing my anxiety was gone. It’s not my stimulant medication as it does the same with out it and it doesn’t stop me sleeping.

what ever this is made my adhd more severe I had to get it treated. I personally think it’s linked to the antidepressant but I still don’t know what’s going on doctors blame my mental health but i don’t think it is. Some times I do get the odd day that I am perfect and can do most things without any issues but other times even simple tasks are a challenge.

thank you for reading I am interested in knowing if this could be stress and anxiety

Re: Brain looping music

Quote Originally Posted by soulsearcher View Post
    Hi everyone

I am wondering if anyone who has anxiety or high stress has ever experienced this as it has literally put me in total chaos. what is happening is my brain is keep looping sounds it hears for example today, I phoned my doctors and my brain kept looping the hold music none stop all day once I was off the phone. It even loops music that plays in the shops or anything sound I hear.

I do have adhd and have random music that loops with that but it’s not like this. The adhd music does not affect my concentration at all and is quite pleasant. It all started when I was in very high stress situation. I also started to get tinnitus which is still present. I had taken an antidepressant at maximum dose for ten years but I tapered it as I panicked as I struggled to even cross a road. this all started in summer 2018. I have had many blood tests but they are normal. my sleep is disturbed every night as I wake up multiple times.I think I might now have insomnia.

I have had anxiety all of my life but once I treated my adhd it was life changing my anxiety was gone. It’s not my stimulant medication as it does the same with out it and it doesn’t stop me sleeping.

what ever this is made my adhd more severe I had to get it treated. I personally think it’s linked to the antidepressant but I still don’t know what’s going on doctors blame my mental health but i don’t think it is. Some times I do get the odd day that I am perfect and can do most things without any issues but other times even simple tasks are a challenge.

thank you for reading I am interested in knowing if this could be stress and anxiety
    I think this is called 'Musical Ear Syndrome', sometimes nicknamed 'Earworm'.

I get it a fair bit, but usually with songs I quite enjoy (thankfully).

Re: Brain looping music

Thank you for your reply you are correct it is called musical ear syndrome everyone one get it from Time to time but this is very different. With my adhd I get songs that play every day but like I said they are pleasant. And stepped back compared to this. I once had a song in my head that lasted seven days. I also have three tinnitus sounds on top of that so that won’t help.it’s very strange as I don’t feel any anxiety but in the end my brain can only take so much and then anxiety can follow. I still think it might be be my sleep but doctor won’t treat it.

Thread Information