Thread: Felt something sit on my neck, brushed it off but felt it crawl, worried if bat

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Felt something sit on my neck, brushed it off but felt it crawl, worried if bat

Hello,

This is my first time posting here.

A few days back, I was walking on the street. It was 9:30 AM, and it had recently rained.

While walking, I briefly felt something sit on my neck, that I immeditately brushed off by reflex. It felt at the time to me as if it were some kind of insect. After all, I am in Georgia, and it had rained. Bugs love to come out after rain.

I did not feel any pain, or scratch, nor did I see anything after brushing it off and running a bit ahead.

But I am deeply worried that it may have been a microbat. Like I said, I didnt see anything, so it was most probably a bug/insect of some form.

At the same time, part of me is terrified that it may have been a bat that flew away.

I didnt notice any bites or scars around my neck throughout the day. I was carefully examining my neck, for I was worried.

But in the evening, I noticed a tiny scab. I am around 90% sure that this scab emerged out of me rubbing my neck(as that's what I did through the day while working, examining my neck closely), but what if it is a bat bite?
    Last edited by Sternutation; 24-09-21 at 23:40.

Thread Information