Hi everyone,

I am so fed up of being this way. I managed to go through lockdown without any worries and you would think that something as big as covid would send my HA spiralling but it absolutely didn’t. It was the longest time I’d gone without HA. Now I’m a mess. Constantly worrying. First it was anxiety over my smear (came back fine), moved onto my breast in particular ibc (don’t have, breasts are fine)
I’m now obsessed with my gum. I have a partially erupted wisdom tooth that’s causing the gum to be sore over it, when I had a look (wish I hadn’t) I could see a very small white area on it, I immediately panicked and thought of oral cancer!! What the heck is wrong with me?! It’s obviously something to do with by wisdom tooth but I’m sitting here freaking out about oral cancer and worrying like mad. The next thing I felt a spot on my nose I’ve convinced myself this is some kind of skin cancer on my nose!! The spot has a head but because it’s on the rim of my nostril I’m telling myself this is not normal and must be cancer! Why is my mind like this?!
I’ve started back on meds again sertraline and I know this can make anxiety worse before it gets better but I feel like I’m going insane and all the happiness in my world has been zapped away. I don’t know what to do with these all consuming thoughts.
I am going to make a dentist appointment tomorrow morning because my gum has been hurting on and off for the past year and I feel like the tooth needs taking out. I haven’t been for a dental checkup in well over a year because of covid so I’m due a checkup anyway. Hopefully this will put my mind at ease with my gum worries but then I know once that worry is gone it will move onto the next thing. I need it to stop, I’ve been to CBT before twice in fact and each time it’s not helped. Having to go over past worries and fears just made me worry about them all over again. The meds work for me in terms of taking the feelings of anxiety away such as heart beating fast, feeling sick and panic attacks but it also leaves me feeling quite numb like I have no feelings I even find it hard to cry when on them.
Any one found any other techniques to deal with HA?