Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Third (booster) dose of Pfizer - curious!

Third (booster) dose of Pfizer - curious!

Mainly geared towards those in US, only because I’m not familiar with what your recommendations are across the pond or elsewhere in the world! But feel free to chime in.

The CDC came out with recommendations as to who should get the third dose. Basically 6 months after dose #2, for those over 65, or those 18-64 with conditions. It’s a broad range of conditions though and that’s where my curiosity comes in. I’m 42 and obese. Pretty significantly, BMI of around 48. I’m working on this (down 50 lbs since 31 May) but obviously is not a quick process lol. I have no other physical health conditions that I know of. No high blood pressure, no diabetes, etc. Just really obese. Anyone out there similar to me that is considering this booster dose?

I have sent off a message to my GP to get their opinion as well. Just curious what others are doing or are planning to do!

Re: Third (booster) dose of Pfizer - curious!

The wife and I are going to contact our GP as well. We both have pre-existing issues so yeah, we'll go for it when it becomes available. We'd be due in December. And apparently, from what I've read the side effects are similar to the 2nd dose.

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Glassgirlw - "merely" being obese would be unlikely to entitle you to a booster jab on the NHS.

UK guidelines:

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/coronavirus-vaccination/coronavirus-booster-vaccine/

On this timetable I should get mine some time after the middle of November.
    Last edited by Pamplemousse; 30-09-21 at 13:40.

I am an older member on nmp. We, my husband and myself are to have our third jabs on Tuesday
    I was not well the day after I had my second jab, so don't know how this next one will be like, but i don't mind a day feeling off.
    I am so grateful to be having it so soon.

I'm glad you've got your appointment through, Magic and feel that the booster should only be offered to those most in need of the extra protection.

I'm not sure whether I'll be offered a booster but wouldn't hesitate to have one if I qualify.

So I reached out to my GP and they said I should make an appt for the booster anytime after Oct 2nd, that obesity does qualify me even though I’m 42. I’m torn though because I feel that there are others that should get it before me, such as long term care residents and the much older population that had their first doses well before me. I guess we’re not dealing with the same vax shortages as we were the first time around though, it does seem more available now. I’m not worried at all about side effects, they weren’t bad with the first doses so I don’t really care about that. More worried about those that need it more than me having access to it when it’s needed.

Here in the UK there'd be howls of outrage demanding to know why "fatties" would get a booster "as their condition is self-inflicted and they're a drain on my taxes and the NHS"...

TBH my “condition” is 100% self inflicted. And I’m trying to turn it around, but wow does it come off way slower than it went on lol.

It’s a point of contention over here too PM. Actually the main argument people are using against insurance companies refusing to pay for covid treatment for unvaxxed people. They argue if they’ll pay for weight related illnesses and diseases, why won’t they pay for Covid.

My only response is that sure, some obese individuals did it to themselves. Others didn’t - there are numerous health issues that can cause uncontrollable weight gain. Just not the case in my situation, mine is absolutely due to an outrageous horrible diet and pure overeating. Hard to break those habits but I’m slowly proving to myself it can be done!!

There's been a lot about boosters here in the UK, but as far as I know my gran hasn't been offered it yet (she's 88 with 4 different health conditions so is classed very high risk, she had her first vaccine in the 2 weeks after it became available in the UK!) I hope she can get it soon.

I heard on the radio this morning that there had been a delay for patients with blood cancer being offered their boosters. In my opinion they should take priority along with those at very high risk/very elderly. Why the delay?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information