Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Third (booster) dose of Pfizer - curious!

Re: Third (booster) dose of Pfizer - curious!

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    I heard on the radio this morning that there had been a delay for patients with blood cancer being offered their boosters. In my opinion they should take priority along with those at very high risk/very elderly. Why the delay?
    That seems ridiculous.

There seems to be no continuity I've heard of some elderly that have had it, some who haven't. One GP's had the jabs available, one didn't because of supply problems.

We'll have to have it at work, but the booking system isn't up and running yet, but, one colleague has had it already at her GP practice - she's under 30 with no underlying health problems.

That seems a bit strange...when people with severely compromised immune systems have to effectively shield again now whilst they wait for their booster invite.

I expect Her Maj will have been called...but can't see her queuing up with the peasants.

Is the booster compulsory for your work, Catkins?

I heard on the radio this morning that there had been a delay for patients with blood cancer being offered their boosters. In my opinion they should take priority along with those at very high risk/very elderly. Why the delay?
    That should be a given Pulisa that people with serious illnesses go towards the front of the queue. My Dad had his NHS letter today so I booked him in for his jab this Tuesday.

I think the obesity question is less clear cut than appears on the surface. While yes we are responsible for shovelling the food into our mouths, isn't its source a form of self-hatred tied in with self image/self esteem? I remember prior to my own anxiety kicking off in a major way aged 20, I was skinny with my weight always stable. Within 6 months I'd put on a stone and a half without remembering how. Poor mental health and poor physical health coexist frequently.

Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post
    Here in the UK there'd be howls of outrage demanding to know why "fatties" would get a booster "as their condition is self-inflicted and they're a drain on my taxes and the NHS"...
    Say the people who smoke cigarettes or usually have other unhealthy coping mechanism... :|

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by fishman65 View Post
    That should be a given Pulisa that people with serious illnesses go towards the front of the queue. My Dad had his NHS letter today so I booked him in for his jab this Tuesday.

I think the obesity question is less clear cut than appears on the surface. While yes we are responsible for shovelling the food into our mouths, isn't its source a form of self-hatred tied in with self image/self esteem? I remember prior to my own anxiety kicking off in a major way aged 20, I was skinny with my weight always stable. Within 6 months I'd put on a stone and a half without remembering how. Poor mental health and poor physical health coexist frequently.
    I agree. It's a very complex issue.

That seems a bit strange...when people with severely compromised immune systems have to effectively shield again now whilst they wait for their booster invite.

I expect Her Maj will have been called...but can't see her queuing up with the peasants.

Today my mum had a letter from Javid advising to end shielding.

They are strongly encouraging us to do so. Because of us going into residential homes from time to time (at the moment, we used to go in regularly). As it is at the moment we just have to show a negative lateral flow test, from the middle of the month we have to have been jabbed.

To be honest it makes sense for all healthcare workers to have to have it.

Quote Originally Posted by Catkins View Post
    They are strongly encouraging us to do so. Because of us going into residential homes from time to time (at the moment, we used to go in regularly). As it is at the moment we just have to show a negative lateral flow test, from the middle of the month we have to have been jabbed.

To be honest it makes sense for all healthcare workers to have to have it.
    I can't really understand why anyone would object to being jabbed if you have made the decision to work in healthcare? How could you justify it if you care for other people?

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    Today my mum had a letter from Javid advising to end shielding.
    How... err... interesting...Did he explain why?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information