Thread: When your biggest fear becomes reality! Trigger warning!

When your biggest fear becomes reality! Trigger warning!

I have been on this forum for more than a year with blood in stool, not even a lot of blood in stool. Just a little I have visible hemorrhoids, blood was sometimes bright but sometimes dark and little bits sometimes mucasy or sometimes would make a little bit of my stool look red. I honestly did think it was all in my head. I was referred for a colonoscopy because my fit test was high but that was delayed because of covid and I became pregnant but even after birth they waited 8 months to give me a appointment just because I’m 31. So I had my colonoscopy and guess what the find a large polyp that looks cancerous. They wrote cancer found on my report. And have arranged ct and mri scans. For someone who has health anxiety this has been the biggest shock, I just cried for days and kept looking at my daughter and thinking how I didn’t wanna leave her. It also felt so surreal I actually couldn’t and still can’t believe it’s happening. It’s been 20 days since my colonoscopy I am now awaiting for the consultant to call with a plan. Funny thing is my symptoms were so like hemorrhoids style symptoms. Never had no stomach pains or lots of blood none of that. It’s life I guess, what’s meant to happen will happen. Rest is in Gods hands.

Re: When your biggest fear becomes reality! Trigger warning!

I know what you said about the report but have they sat you down and said it's cancer?

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    I know what you said about the report but have they sat you down and said it's cancer?

FMP
    The two consultants that talked to me basically said the type of polyp that they saw didn’t look like it was good news. Large and complex they stated.

Surely they have to wait for the final results?

Also bowel cancer can be treated well

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Quote Originally Posted by Anxiety121 View Post
    The two consultants that talked to me basically said the type of polyp that they saw didn’t look like it was good news. Large and complex they stated.
    I hear you. Been there done that. Still, hang onto the mantra. It's not until they say it is. And even at that, it's not a death sentence I'm living proof 8 years out from Stage IVa H&N cancer

Sending...

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

I have been on this forum for more than a year with blood in stool, not even a lot of blood in stool. Just a little I have visible hemorrhoids, blood was sometimes bright but sometimes dark and little bits sometimes mucasy or sometimes would make a little bit of my stool look red. I honestly did think it was all in my head. I was referred for a colonoscopy because my fit test was high but that was delayed because of covid and I became pregnant but even after birth they waited 8 months to give me a appointment just because I’m 31. So I had my colonoscopy and guess what the find a large polyp that looks cancerous. They wrote cancer found on my report. And have arranged ct and mri scans. For someone who has health anxiety this has been the biggest shock, I just cried for days and kept looking at my daughter and thinking how I didn’t wanna leave her. It also felt so surreal I actually couldn’t and still can’t believe it’s happening. It’s been 20 days since my colonoscopy I am now awaiting for the consultant to call with a plan. Funny thing is my symptoms were so like hemorrhoids style symptoms. Never had no stomach pains or lots of blood none of that. It’s life I guess, what’s meant to happen will happen. Rest is in Gods hands.
    I’m so sorry to hear this. I’ve been through a cancer diagnosis myself, once you have a treatment plan in place things do seem easier.

You say it’s been 20 days and you are still waiting for a call from the consultant? Have they already removed the polyp? It seems a long time for you to be left waiting.

They wrote 'cancer found' on your report without the biopsy results etc? Are you sure about that wording? It didn't say 'suspected' or words to that effect?

I get that this is scare factor a gazillion for you but my aunty had bowel cancer and she died 40 years later (of old age) and we've done some serious advancing medically speaking since then!

You're automatically going with your worst (but least likely) scenario.

At the moment nobody has categorially told you you have cancer and I'm presuming they took a biopsy? If so, three weeks is a long time to be waiting if they were suspecting cancer during the colonoscopy?

Have you received anymore answers about the concerning polyp?

Thread Information