Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Cold or Covid? Absolutely terrified.

Cold or Covid? Absolutely terrified.

This morning I woke up with a sore throat and a 'funny' nose, which in a pre-Covid world I'd have dismissed as the start of a cold. I did a lateral flow test, which came back negative but I'm always concerned that I've done it wrong - the nose is okay (but it usually makes me sneeze) and I tend to gag on the throat swab and I worry that I'll have ruined the test if it touches my tongue. When I got into work my temperature with the thermal camera was 36 degrees, pretty normal for me.

At the moment, I'm trying not to panic - I'm at work and I'd give anything to be magicked away and into my bed.

Having read about how Delta can behave like a bad cold, I remain terrified that if I catch it, it will kill me despite being vaccinated.

I just want to know how I've caught a cold - I wear masks and keep my distance, have I not washed/sanitised my hands enough?

Help me, please...?
    Last edited by Pamplemousse; 01-10-21 at 20:39.

Re: Cold or Covid? Absolutely terrified.

The lateral flow test was negative. Loads of people gag when doing them. It's normal.

Your temperature is normal.

You've gone to work. You must be pretty certain you haven't got Covid.

You may not have anything at all. Any "cold" symptoms could be gone by tomorrow.

Deal with what you've got, PM..Not what you fear? Keep doing the LFTs if you have cold symptoms..That's all you can do. I know you feel that Covid means certain death for you but you have no grounds to be that definite.

Don't forget people still get colds, it's not gone away, it's just not as frequent. A lot of people take covid tests thinking they may have covid that come back negative, they probably just have a cold.

Why can’t it be allergies?

Quote Originally Posted by AntsyVee View Post
    Why can’t it be allergies?
    Because the only thing I'm really allergic to is penicillin, Vee.

I've just got home after over 30 miles of detours due to overnight road works (so I'm happy I chose to fill the car up yesterday morning) and I am pissed off with colleagues who see going home as their priority leaving me to do all the prep work for Monday, meaning I didn't leave work for close on an hour after everyone else... so here's hoping I can get some sleep.

I've tested negative the whole time it was in this house, but today I tested positive. I'm not bothered by it, just sucks I'm the last one to get it in this house My lateral flow test this morning was negative, but I was convinced I did it wrong, then I did one almost 24 hours later and this one is 2 lines. Looks like I'm having a party on the COVID boat.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” - Richard Feynman

☪️️

Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post
    This morning I woke up with a sore throat and a 'funny' nose, which in a pre-Covid world I'd have dismissed as the start of a cold. I did a lateral flow test, which came back negative but I'm always concerned that I've done it wrong - the nose is okay (but it usually makes me sneeze) and I tend to gag on the throat swab and I worry that I'll have ruined the test if it touches my tongue. When I got into work my temperature with the thermal camera was 36 degrees, pretty normal for me.

At the moment, I'm trying not to panic - I'm at work and I'd give anything to be magicked away and into my bed.

Having read about how Delta can behave like a bad cold, I remain terrified that if I catch it, it will kill me despite being vaccinated.

I just want to know how I've caught a cold - I wear masks and keep my distance, have I not washed/sanitised my hands enough?

Help me, please...?
    My lad had a sore throat, cough etc the other week. I tested him and he was clear. It's colds season innit?

In my case, I have a combo of his cold germs (masquerading as face ache) and my fibro - which is very much a case of 'Princess and the Pea' when it comes to pain. Though I think my husband would argue the 'Princess' bit

Quote Originally Posted by NoraB View Post
    Though I think my husband would argue the 'Princess' bit

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” - Richard Feynman

☪️️

I've had a few colds this year! They are definitely still around. You've done all the right things but if you still feel ill today or tomorrow and are concerned you could always do a PCR to see. Btw if you order a box from the NHS website now they are nose only!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information