Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Cold or Covid? Absolutely terrified.

Re: Cold or Covid? Absolutely terrified.

Did another LFT this morning; negative.

I only have one left so I suppose I should get dressed and nip to the chemist to get another box, along with some tissues for the snotty nose. I used to gargle with TCP when I had a cold, best get some of that too.

Really, I just want to stay in bed.

Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post

I only have one left so I suppose I should get dressed and nip to the chemist to get another box, along with some tissues for the snotty nose. I used to gargle with TCP when I had a cold, best get some of that too.

It does sound like a cold, I'm in bed watching some tales from the Thames on Youtube.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” - Richard Feynman

☪️️

This is evidently a cold. Two negative tests whilst you’re displaying symptoms is about as good a confirmation of that as you’ll get. If you had symptomatic Covid the virus would be at its most detectable, two tests have not picked it up.

Test yourself, yes, that’s good common sense, but be careful not to obsess too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary A View Post
    This is evidently a cold. Two negative tests whilst you’re displaying symptoms is about as good a confirmation of that as you’ll get. If you had symptomatic Covid the virus would be at its most detectable, two tests have not picked it up.

Test yourself, yes, that’s good common sense, but be careful not to obsess too much.
    For me I felt rough for a few days before it showed positive. But I presented different symptoms that started with muscle aches.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” - Richard Feynman

☪️️

PM, Mrs F has had a virus for just under a week now. She's slowly getting better but has point blank refused to do a LFT. I however have tested negative throughout. Everything gets magnified for us anxiety people, but the vaccines really have taken the sting out of this virus for the vast majority who catch it. You'll be fine mate.

To correct my previous post I actually tested positive the other day. I just found the test and it's positive. I obviously didn't leave it long enough.

Basically if you had COVID you'd be positive so it's likely just a cold.

☪️️

Okay, now I really AM worried: I've got a 3rd LFT test on the go as I type this, but I seem to have lost my sense of smell :(

Okay, now I really AM worried: I've got a 3rd LFT test on the go as I type this, but I seem to have lost my sense of smell :(
    Loss of smell can easily happen with colds too. Why don't you get a PCR? You should get your result within 24 hours and provided that's negative you can stop worrying about it and not have to keep taking LFTs. Otherwise you may end up taking LFTs every day - and when I did that my cold symptoms got even worse from all the prodding!

I've just ordered a home PCR test as the advice is not to visit drive-in centres if you're in a high-risk category. I also opted for the blood antibody tests.

I had a cold when I was a teenager that lost me my sense of smell: a friend and my sister have told me that there are colds going around, my friend had one earlier last week and it has all but gone now.

This morning's LFT test came back negative.

I've just ordered a home PCR test as the advice is not to visit drive-in centres if you're in a high-risk category. I also opted for the blood antibody tests.

I had a cold when I was a teenager that lost me my sense of smell: a friend and my sister have told me that there are colds going around, my friend had one earlier last week and it has all but gone now.

This morning's LFT test came back negative.
    That's good that the LFT came back negative. It sounds like it's just a cold. I would say do the PCR to be sure but once you get the result from that let it rest and don't take any more LFTs for this cold, otherwise you'll keep feeding the anxiety. I understand feeling a bit sceptical of LFTs (although one out of three should have picked it up), but once you have your PCR you'll know for sure

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information