Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Cold or Covid? Absolutely terrified.

Re: Cold or Covid? Absolutely terrified.

Quote Originally Posted by elizabethalice View Post
    That's good that the LFT came back negative. It sounds like it's just a cold. I would say do the PCR to be sure but once you get the result from that let it rest and don't take any more LFTs for this cold, otherwise you'll keep feeding the anxiety. I understand feeling a bit sceptical of LFTs (although one out of three should have picked it up), but once you have your PCR you'll know for sure
    I'm just worried I'll do that "wrong" too :(

Meantime, it's bed for me. Sadly I'll lose two days of work because of this - just as a huge bill from the accountant has arrived...

About a month or so ago I had a cold and lost my sense of smell. It wasn't COVID because COVID feels different. I think you "know" when you have it.

It's also good to remember that the COVID deaths are actually relatively low. It's very easy to get scared when you read the news, but people should remember that people also die from the flu, yet we're rarely worried about that.

Currently I'm feeling better, but I was saying earlier I've had worse chest infections that have left me in bad coughing fits all day with burning lungs. It doesn't seem to be the case with COVID for me.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” - Richard Feynman

☪️️

Quote Originally Posted by WiredIncorrectly View Post
    About a month or so ago I had a cold and lost my sense of smell. It wasn't COVID because COVID feels different. I think you "know" when you have it.

It's also good to remember that the COVID deaths are actually relatively low. It's very easy to get scared when you read the news, but people should remember that people also die from the flu, yet we're rarely worried about that.

Currently I'm feeling better, but I was saying earlier I've had worse chest infections that have left me in bad coughing fits all day with burning lungs. It doesn't seem to be the case with COVID for me.
    You're correct that Covid deaths appear to have peaked (at least for now) in this current third wave and nowhere near what they were back in January--February at the height of the second wave.

It's also looking like even daily cases are now starting to edge down once again, though only time will tell, of course, as to whether or not it's just another blip.

Nice to hear that you're feeling a bit better this afternoon, and hopefully by tomorrow you might be over the worst of your Covid.

Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post
    I'm just worried I'll do that "wrong" too :(

Meantime, it's bed for me. Sadly I'll lose two days of work because of this - just as a huge bill from the accountant has arrived...
    I understand the worry, but I'm sure you'll do it even more thoroughly because you're concerned. I'm the same! Most people don't care that much about doing it thoroughly and PCRs still pick up a huge majority of cases. If it is covid, one of the tests will pick it up. But I really do think it's just a cold. Keep us posted!

I took two Covid tests (PCR) in the last 2 weeks - the first on day 1 of symptoms (a sore throat) and the second on day 8, when I was full-blown congested and coughing my head off. Both negative. It was just a cold and I’m sure yours is too!

My PCR test arrived this morning but it is missing the security seal so I've had to order another.

Meanwhile I do seem to be getting a sense of smell back... but as one health fear wanes, my other fears are now jostling for attention.

I wish I could be at peace.

Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post
    My PCR test arrived this morning but it is missing the security seal so I've had to order another.

Meanwhile I do seem to be getting a sense of smell back... but as one health fear wanes, my other fears are now jostling for attention.

I wish I could be at peace.
    Well at least you're not in hospital, and best of all, still alive right now PM.

When you say you lost sense of smell, you mean you can sniff an astray or deodorant and not smell anything?

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” - Richard Feynman

☪️️

Quote Originally Posted by WiredIncorrectly View Post
    When you say you lost sense of smell, you mean you can sniff an astray or deodorant and not smell anything?
    Correct - even though it's been forty years since I've been near an ashtray! I couldn't smell hand-wash, coffee or industrial alcohol, to name three strong smells. Today I can, although it's a bit muted on my normal sense of smell, which is very keen indeed: once upon a time I could tell if someone in a car ahead of me was smoking if they had their window open.

PCR test done at midday and posted. It poured with rain whilst walking to the postbox...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information