Thread: Small amount of blood on tissue paper after BM comes and goes

Small amount of blood on tissue paper after BM comes and goes

I first noticed this back in August 2020. It has been recurring every so often after a BM. It is always small amounts and doesn't seem to get worse. But I think its disappeared then it comes back. I keep thinking its gone. It is a small amount on the tissue paper (bright red), and seems to be coming from slightly above my anus. At first I thought it was through wiping too hard, so i tried to reduce this.

Can this happen with Fissures or Hemorrhoids?

I am also prone to diaherrhea and sometimes mucus (I think IBS related).

My health anxiety is through the roof. I am only 25 so i know its unlikely, but I also had a family friend pass away from bowel cancer at just 22.

If this was hemorrhoids / a fissure would it have sorted itself out by now?

I am also worried about anal cancer as I am HPV positive. However I am only 25 and my cervical smear was low grade changes.

I would also like to add there’s only been 1 time it was a substantial amount of blood. All other times it is specks on the tissue paper. Unsure if I am just hyper aware of this.
    Last edited by AnxietySufferer; 03-10-21 at 15:40.

Re: Small amount of blood on tissue paper after BM comes and goes

Quote Originally Posted by AnxietySufferer View Post

Can this happen with Fissures or Hemorrhoids?
    Yes.

I am also prone to diaherrhea and sometimes mucus (I think IBS related).
    Yes.

My health anxiety is through the roof. I am only 25 so i know its unlikely, but I also had a family friend pass away from bowel cancer at just 22.
    Which is probably the reason you have this BC fear...

If this was hemorrhoids / a fissure would it have sorted itself out by now?
    Depends..

Mine take a long to time to sort themselves out because I hold tension in my @rse cheeks which hinders the healing process. You say you have loose stools a lot? That will aggravate the situation - as will straining.

Best thing to do is to go and let your GP snap on the rubber gloves and have a root around your rectum and then you can be treated appropriately for what sounds like a case of the 'Farmer Giles' or a fissure..

Re: Small amount of blood on tissue paper after BM comes and goes

Quote Originally Posted by NoraB View Post
    Yes.

Yes.

Which is probably the reason you have this BC fear...

Depends..

Mine take a long to time to sort themselves out because I hold tension in my @rse cheeks which hinders the healing process. You say you have loose stools a lot? That will aggravate the situation - as will straining.

Best thing to do is to go and let your GP snap on the rubber gloves and have a root around your rectum and then you can be treated appropriately for what sounds like a case of the 'Farmer Giles' or a fissure..

Thank you for your reply I am super grateful. I am really embarrassed to go for this reason. I know it is stupid. I get so anxious to go to the doctors anyway. Do you think it will be ok to keep monitoring? As it is deffo less frequent than previously. It was a very small amount but I think I freaked out so much because I thought it had gone away

I definitely haven’t lost any weight in this time. If anything I’ve put a bit on. I just hate how much these things affect me. I feel that most people won’t have even looked at the tp but I’m constantly checking to see if it’s gone away.

Thread Information