Thread: Chris walks the uk

Chris walks the uk

I’ve been following Christian Lewis for some time , not literally as he’s been walking the coast of the uk for four years in aid of a mental health charity for the armed forces , he had his own demons so set off with a bag of kit and a tenner , he now has a dog and girlfriend he’s picked up along the way , he recently walked past a place I have at the coast and is now on his way through Norfolk having started in wales and gone all the way round England nothern ireland , Scotland and all the small islands , the BBC recently did a documentary about him and he posts on Facebook most days under the name Chris walks the uk , he’s a true inspiration to those who have hit rock bottom and well worth a look .

Re: Chris walks the uk

I haven't heard of him but I have now so thank you , Buster. I'll certainly take a look at his Facebook page...I have huge admiration for people who can haul themselves back from the brink no matter what they do...Spectacular efforts or more modest achievements which bring people relief from their suffering. It's good to hear about decent people who have been through so much but are now finding some happiness again.

I would love to do what Chis is doing.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” - Richard Feynman

☪️️

The BBC program ( jumping on his bandwagon) is a called The long walk home , its on Iplayer and well worth watching , it explains why he’s doing it and what brought him the place where this seemed a way out of the darkness , he’s done over 10,000 miles , yes miles not steps through heat and snow and when most were tucked up indoors through lockdown he was in a tent in Scotland in the snow , he’s raised over £250’000 , from an ex soldier struggling with his mental health to the person you see now is a complete transformation.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster70 View Post
    The BBC program ( jumping on his bandwagon) is a called The long walk home , its on Iplayer and well worth watching , it explains why he’s doing it and what brought him the place where this seemed a way out of the darkness , he’s done over 10,000 miles , yes miles not steps through heat and snow and when most were tucked up indoors through lockdown he was in a tent in Scotland in the snow , he’s raised over £250’000 , from an ex soldier struggling with his mental health to the person you see now is a complete transformation.
    I will give this a watch!

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” - Richard Feynman

☪️️

I’m going to have to try and look for this. It sounds really interesting! Thank you for sharing!!

Thread Information