Thread: Worried about my sister

Worried about my sister

She's 19 and recently started a job at a gig venue, where she works 3-4 nights a week, from 7pm, usually until 5-6am the next morning.

For the past week or so she's been really ill, however. She's lost her appetite completely and has vomited (it's pink... doesn't this mean it's blood tinged) a few times - she's also been coughing a lot. It's not COVID as she took a test.

She thinks it's because she's being overworked and that she's caught this "freshers' flu" (a really bad cold passed around at uni) as she works with students. But I don't think vomiting is a symptom of that?

Obviously I'm scared that it's something deadly. I'll try to encourage her to call 111 or something.

Re: Worried about my sister

I think what’s Important is if she’s been this way for awhile you need to tell her to visit her doctor or go to the hospital if it gets bad enough. It doesn’t sound like she’s the one with anxiety from what you described so I doubt she’s overreacting or manifesting any issues so I think it’s best she goes and gets a real medical professionals opinion and care. Sounds like it may be something minor since she’s been able to let it go for so long but, I would still see a medical professional.

Good luck and I wish you all the best!!

Thread Information