Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sore (and baffled)

Sore (and baffled)

Some of you may remember that I got my ear piercings reopened a month or so back.

It went really well, and I've been thoroughly enjoying creating and wearing my own hypoallergenic earrings.

What was even better, though, was last night, when I noticed that one of my second pair of old piercings had spontaneously reopened - I'd been thinking about how much I missed them for a while.

There was just the question of the other hole, which was only half-open. I fixed that by putting a beading needle in a lighter flame and doing the job myself; it was successful but painful.

As a bona fide HA person, I just want to know why this felt like a logical course of action when today I'm having the utmost difficulty getting myself to make a phone appointment with my GP for a meds review.

Re: Sore (and baffled)

Because you were in control blue.

Carnation, that's a really smart answer and one I honestly never thought of.

Have you been told that you need a meds review or are you requesting one?

If you've been told that you need one then this opens up all sorts of uncertainties for the HA mindset?

I think you're very skilled (and brave) to be able to do a DIY piercing job!

I've been told that I need one, Pulisa - I have to have one every six months otherwise the phone service won't renew my prescription. There's always the fear at the back of my mind that I'll be asked to do something I'm not comfortable about, though.

To be fair, the hole was open about halfway through, and I accidentally stab myself with a needle every couple of days, which is probably why I lack the fear reflex for this one.

Yes I can see the potential for overthinking the meds review..but you will have control over what you say and even if the GP were to suggest anything unexpected then you have the right to say that you'll think about it and get back to him/her later. I can't see this happening though as phone appointments are normally very brief now.

I was going to say that you must be in control of your HA to pierce your ear, but Carnation got there. You're braver than I am, when I reopened my ears I spent about an hour jiggling it through.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” - Richard Feynman

☪️️

It took me a couple of minutes, but I had a spare pair of sleepers. They have pointy ends, which makes it easier.

You are brave BI! Congratulations on that one. I do think it's a control thing, I feel it's easier to cope with things that I can control.

I have little mantras for when I'm feeling wobbly at the moment 'I'm here because I want to be' or 'I'm doing this because I want to'. It seems to help me.

Carnation is BANG ON! You were in control. You responded rationally. And this is the difference between being in control of HA and it controlling you. Well done Blue!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information