Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Worried about pfizer & blood clots

Worried about pfizer & blood clots

Hi everyone,

I just got my second dose of Pfizer close to a week ago now. Honestly haven't felt too bad, but I am extremely worried that I will develop blood clots like DVT or the rare clotting disorder TTS. I know the statistics are fairly low, however I do worry that cases have been underreported, as I have read a few cases online of people saying they developed it after the vaccine, or know people who did, and this has worried me. I am also aware anecdotal evidence is not 100% accurate - who knows if some things have been made up from these accounts I have read - and also of course, if you go searching for something, you will find it, and that doesn't mean it's happening a lot. I do have an unusual dull ache in my non-vaccinated arm that comes and goes (spreads from elbow into fingertips) so have been fixating a bit on that and worrying about there being a clot.

I mainly worry because I am a migraine aura sufferer, and I already know this increases my chance of stroke (although it is minimal...). I haven't had an aura in just about a year now which is great, but because they used to come on every 9-10 months or so I'm worried one may come soon, and in my head I'll link it to the vaccine and think a stroke is happening, leading to full blown panic! Last aura, I had a period where my lip was weak on one side (and when I tried to smile it only went up on one side) and I freaked out because I know that a lop-sided smile is a stroke symptom, however thankfully it passed fairly quickly.

Please let me know if anyone else had the vaccine with similar fears and how you are doing now, and maybe some ways I should reason this as I'm struggling to stay calm!

Re: Worried about pfizer & blood clots

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

As at the end of last month there had been 15 million Pfizer vaccine doses administered in AU with one suspected blood clot case which was most likely due to surgery the patient had a few days before the vaccination. Driving to/from getting the jab was probably much riskier.

who knows if some things have been made up from these accounts I have read
    Given vaccinations have become a hot political issue, particularly here, Britain and the U.S., I'd be very wary about believing anything posted online from non verifiable sources.

The thing everyone must remember here is the sheer volume of vaccinations given. If you vaccinate millions of people, starting with those of an older age and with a lot of underlying conditions, it’s surely not unusual that there are going to be loads of reports of symptoms after vaccination.

However, the key is, are these symptoms all linked to the vaccine? For instance, if you vaccinate one thousand people over the age of 80, surely these people are expected to suffer symptoms not necessarily linked to the vaccine? Yes, there have been loads of reports of symptoms after vaccination, but isn’t that inevitable?

Imagine we had vaccinated 15 million people over the course of 8 or 9 months and there were absolutely no reports of any symptoms after the vaccination? We would be talking about these vaccines being absolute wonder drugs that cure and prevent every ailment known to man.

The reporting of vaccine side effects is a very out of context thing. Always ensure you apply reasoned thinking when looking at the data for this, because if you don’t there are people out there who would have you believe that these vaccines are nothing but poison. It’s utter nonsense drummed up by seedy little men trying to line their pockets.

Dimdim, you sound rational in that you know that a lot of what you can see online is rubbish and side effects are rare. Pfizer has an almost zero chance of blood clots - I don't think they can legally rule them out but as Gary said, that doesn't mean that there is an actual risk. In my Pfizer leaflet it didn't even mention blood clots as a possible risk. There is more of a risk with AZ, but it's still tiny.

There has been so much debunking of people saying xyz condition was caused from the vax. In reality we could experience these conditions at any time and there is nothing to prove they are linked.

Try not to worry about a migraine until it happens. If you get one and are concerned, you could speak to your dr, but I'm sure it'll be your typical migraine. Stress and anxiety can bring them on too.

Having the vax is hundreds of times safer than getting covid, whatever your age. Well done for getting it and protecting yourself and those around you.

PS. Also, story about reported side effects: I am very very pro vax and had some minor symptoms after my first - felt a bit yucky and tired. I thought the right thing to do was report these to the yellow card system. Now I keep seeing "look at all these reported side effects" on SM! I wish I hadn't reported anything because I end up being one of those numbers of reported side effects, despite them being v easy to deal with and 10000x better than covid 😅

Just had my Covid booster, a new one from Pfizer called Comirnaty. Well the nurse said it was a new one, but to be honest I wouldn't know. I'm also avoiding googling as nothing I read will be able to change what happens in the last 48 hours.

Thank you everyone. I really appreciate the replies and I totally agree that the chances of anything like this are really miniscule. I did have some cramp-like pain in one of my calves last night (of course that had to happen!) but it has lessened this morning, so trying to keep DVT fears out of my mind. We have been locked inside in lockdown for 4 months now in NSW and I can't wait to get out on Monday!

In terms of Pfizer "Comirnaty" - that's the injection I got for both doses. Same formula, they just rebranded for some reason. Australia has been super slow with the roll out, I can't believe you guys are already onto boosters!

Hoping over here we won't need them, but good to see everyone has been doing well.

Hello Dimdim, if it is any help basically everyone i know (which is a fair few people lol) has been jabbed now and 90% had pfizer. All completely fine. Does the lockdown ease in NSW on Monday?

Quote Originally Posted by elizabethalice View Post
    Hello Dimdim, if it is any help basically everyone i know (which is a fair few people lol) has been jabbed now and 90% had pfizer. All completely fine. Does the lockdown ease in NSW on Monday?
    That's definitely reassuring, thank you! Yes, lockdown finally starts to ease and restaurants/pubs are reopening on Monday which is exciting. The rest of the easing of restrictions will be more staggered but I think by Dec 1 life should be almost back to normal.

Quote Originally Posted by panic_down_under View Post
    Given vaccinations have become a hot political issue, particularly here, Britain and the U.S., I'd be very wary about believing anything posted online from non verifiable sources.
    You're dead right, Panic Down Under.

There's a lot of BS misinformation posted online by 'know-it-alls' with agendas of their own and after their 'fifteen minutes of fame', whose silliness could by largely responsible for vaccination rates slowing dramatically here in the UK over recent weeks.

Plus of course, like you suggested, we're probably more likely to end up in a car crash or get run over by a bus on the way to and from the vaccination centre (and in everyday life in general), than develop detrimental side effects from the vaccines.

Like I've already said umpteen times before, most of us don't tend to flinch whenever we see big hulking double deckers or articulated trucks driving past, nor do we normally give the prospects of ending up having a crash as much as a second thought before jumping in our cars.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information