Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Worried about pfizer & blood clots

Re: Worried about pfizer & blood clots

Oh gosh - definitely in an anxiety spiral. The calf pain is still around and it comes on as shooting pain every now and again in a certain spot on the back of my calf. Sometimes the shooting pain is near my foot, knee, or thigh too - really freaking out as I read that up to 50% of DVT cases can have minimal/no symptoms so I'm very worried I have this caused by the vaccine!
    Not sure how to put myself at ease here :(

I'm also worrying because I massaged it yesterday quite deeply to provide some relief and am very worried this could have caused the clot to dislodge (or become more likely to dislodge in future). Really worried now :(

Quote Originally Posted by Dimdim101 View Post
    I'm also worrying because I massaged it yesterday quite deeply to provide some relief and am very worried this could have caused the clot to dislodge (or become more likely to dislodge in future). Really worried now :(
    Hello, I'm not an expert on clots etc so if you are worried it won't hurt to speak to your doctor. I'm sure it isn't that - clots after pfizer are so so rare and it could be any number of other things - but equally most of us don't have any medical training.

Couldn't stand the anxiety so had an ultrasound organised. Came back clear! Can rule out DVT above the knee - apparently they are 60-70 % affective in finding a calf DVT and she didn't actually place the gel over the back of the calf (which is where the pain is) but I am sure they know what they are doing - going to try my best now to keep those fears away when the pain comes!

Does anyone know if it is bad that they didn't check the back of the calf as this is where most of the pain is? I feel like maybe I should have said something and got her to do the back too (but she only really did the inside of my thigh & calf...)

I finally got vaccinated two days ago, pfizer, and I felt very good, expect mild pain in the arm but I am so anxious and paranoid, waiting for something sinister to happen. I am scared of those rare blood clots conditions and can't stop that horrible feeling.
    I am also in fear of covid all the time because I was postponing vaccination for so long and now the situation in my country is awful.

Also, I have a headache right now and I am scared because that could be cerebral thrombosis.

Quote Originally Posted by darlene85 View Post
    I finally got vaccinated two days ago, pfizer, and I felt very good, expect mild pain in the arm but I am so anxious and paranoid, waiting for something sinister to happen. I am scared of those rare blood clots conditions and can't stop that horrible feeling.
    I am also in fear of covid all the time because I was postponing vaccination for so long and now the situation in my country is awful.

Also, I have a headache right now and I am scared because that could be cerebral thrombosis.
    Surely your headache must be anxiety-related, rather than a detrimental effect of the vaccine.

Anyway, congrats for your bravely biting the bullet and getting the jab at last.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimdim101 View Post
    Does anyone know if it is bad that they didn't check the back of the calf as this is where most of the pain is? I feel like maybe I should have said something and got her to do the back too (but she only really did the inside of my thigh & calf...)
    She did the side because that is how the ultrasound procedure looking for DVT of the leg is done as show in this Youtube clip: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oo0hPKdtFSQ the calf scan begins here: https://youtu.be/oo0hPKdtFSQ?t=230

Calf pain is not one of the symptoms of AstraZeneca triggered blood clots.

My advice is to buy some heat gel for the calf pain, some of which may now be attributed to you prodding the site, and stop scaring yourself needlessly by reading about a condition you almost certainly don't have.

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    Surely your headache must be anxiety-related, rather than a detrimental effect of the vaccine.

Anyway, congrats for your bravely biting the bullet and getting the jab at last.
    Thank you.

Okay, I am worried again. I found a tiny blood spots on my leg, there aren't many, maybe one 3-5 cm area with a few blood spots, I've had them two years ago also on the other leg (also was in panic thinking it's leukemia) so I don't know if that's a sign of those rare blood conditions from vaccine or not related.
    I've read that some woman had them on her whole body so I don't know if it would be more severe if that's it or I should be very woried.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information