Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anxiety and Cannabis Abuse

Anxiety and Cannabis Abuse

The last few years I have been in a viscous cycle where I use cannabis when I知 not in a bout of anxiety, i start over using and wind up back in a massive anxiety hole. I quit when I知 really anxious, but when I知 feeling better I convince myself it will be fine and start again. Then when I inevitably end up anxious I blame myself for being so stupid.

The last week has been really tough, back to constant worrying, not sleeping and feeling sick. The positive is that I really think that this time I can quit for good. Just wish I didn稚 feel so terrible, and I just want to get back to the old me. I have a loving and supportive partner, but feel like I keep letting her down.

I致e been off it for 5 days now (since I started feeling anxious) and I really want this thread to be a reminder of how bad it makes me feel, and hopefully a record of when I finally had the strength to quit.

Any advice or support welcome, and thanks for listening.

Re: Anxiety and Cannabis Abuse

You could maybe switch to CBD oil?

When I was a lot younger, I used to smoke a bit but to be honest it just made my anxiety worse. I used to get the most horrendous whiteys (not sure what the modern name for them is), I even convinced myself one time that I needed to be hospitalised because I felt so terrible and that I needed to confess all to my mum immediately. Also had to lie on the ground outside a pub once because I couldn't go in.

Long term it has been much better for me to avoid any kind of recreational drug.

Thanks Catkins, I’ve tried CBD oil before, but not sure it did much for me. I’ve had my fair share of whiteys too. My problem is that I always end up using everyday and then my anxiety spirals. Think it’s finally time that I accept that it’s an addiction and just cut it out of my life. Don’t do any other drugs, not even alcohol.

I’ve made an appointment with a counsellor for next week and think I’m finally heading in the right direction.

That sounds really positive! Well done you!

Threw out the rest of my weed. It might be symbolic, but it made me feel like I知 taking back control.

Struggling this morning. Felt pretty good last night, have been signed off work too, but this morning has been hard. So shaky and feeling pathetic.

I always find mornings the worst anxiety wise. Hang on in there, you're not pathetic, you're just going through a tough time right now.

Thanks, I have opened up to friends and admitted to my addiction. It doesn’t feel like a secret anymore which is a good thing.

It really is a good thing. They also might ne able to support you a bit too.

Off it two weeks, feeling a bit better but still have anxious times. Counselling is helping too.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information