Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Please help me? I'm in such a mess. (Smear test)

Exclamation Please help me? I'm in such a mess. (Smear test)

Last year i had my usual 3 yearly test. It came back no cell changes but HPV positive. Was told to retest in a year. Went and had it done 2 days ago. No more uncomfortable than usual. However i was frightened to see blood on the end of it. The doctor said there's some bleeding but this is normal and everything "looks fine to the naked eye".
    This "spotting" is getting heavier and I'm having cramps.
    I am on the mini pill and have been for a year. I had breakthrough bleeding but have seen nothing for months. Now with this, I'm so scared its cervical cancer and that prior "breakthrough" bleeding was a warning sign. I'm not soaking pads, but there is enough to need a pad. Its also pink/red and looks watery? Please someone let me know if you've had it and what the outcome was. I've been frozen in fear all day.

Re: Please help me? I'm in such a mess. (Smear test)

Quote Originally Posted by Stace1990 View Post
    Last year i had my usual 3 yearly test. It came back no cell changes but HPV positive. Was told to retest in a year. Went and had it done 2 days ago. No more uncomfortable than usual. However i was frightened to see blood on the end of it. The doctor said there's some bleeding but this is normal and everything "looks fine to the naked eye".
    This "spotting" is getting heavier and I'm having cramps.
    I am on the mini pill and have been for a year. I had breakthrough bleeding but have seen nothing for months. Now with this, I'm so scared its cervical cancer and that prior "breakthrough" bleeding was a warning sign. I'm not soaking pads, but there is enough to need a pad. Its also pink/red and looks watery? Please someone let me know if you've had it and what the outcome was. I've been frozen in fear all day.

I've had this after a smear. Like it induced a mini period. It will settle down. I would say if it doesn't settle in a day or 2, call the doctor. She may have just irritated your cervix a bit too much.

Thank you Wendy. I will give them a call. Did your smear come back okay after it? X

Yes. I've never had an abnormal smear

Still waiting for results. Been over 2 weeks. Tried calling doctors and they've heard nothing either. The worry is making me ill.

I think it's taking a little longer to get test results through at the moment.

Thanks for replying catkins. Would the hospital call if something worrying showed up or would the results come back quicker? X

Hello just wanted to provide some reassurance as someone that has also had a HPV + result. Mine came back as low grade cell changes, I went to the hospital for a colposcopy and they did a biopsy to confirm the changes are low grade. With low grade changes they watch and wait so i have been told to come for another smear in 1 year to see if the cells have cleared themselves.

If you were HPV + with no cell changes at your last smear, at most you will now have low grade change- or the HPV will have cleared itself and no cell changes at all, even with low grade changes, they wouldnt remove as it is very likely these can clear themselves .

It probably just means you will have more regular smears over the next couple of years. This will deffo catch anything as these cells are very slow growing! so please try not to worry!! most important thing is you keep attending those smears.

It is common to bleed after a smear. Its why they give you a pad.

How did you get on

Thank you anxietysufferer and I'm sorry Hopefull I've only just seen this. My results came back the same as last year. High risk HPV, clear smear. I was so hoping it would go away. Greatful that my smear is still clear. Just praying it will clear up next year. And dreading going through the wait again. X

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information