Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: un natural pulse feeling when I push on chest

  1. #1

    un natural pulse feeling when I push on chest

    feels like there is something wrong with my heart. my pulse is steady and normal though. When I press down on my sternum I can feel an irregular heartbeat in my bones, so I thought " hmm, thats not good " but it doesn't feel like my heart
    went on my excercise bike and after a while I could feel my actual heart, and this is feeling like an extra heart beat. surely impossible to have one heartbeat pounding from exercise and a secondary heartbeat? I googled it and " diaphragm spasm " came up, and location matches up. what a head wreck!

    anyone experienced this?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    23,397

    Re: un natural pulse feeling when I push on chest

    Quote Originally Posted by mlc2010 View Post
    anyone experienced this?
    I think the real question is; Who performs such a bizarre self testing behavior and twists it into something sinister?

    FMP
    __________________
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

    The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

  3. #3

    Re: un natural pulse feeling when I push on chest

    Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    I think the real question is; Who performs such a bizarre self testing behavior and twists it into something sinister?

    FMP
    the bigger question in my mind is, what is this weird fluttering feeling in my chest which isn't my heart?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    5,864

    Re: un natural pulse feeling when I push on chest

    No, the question is why are you randomly pressing yourself? If you do strange things, you'll feel strange sensations.
    __________________
    ************************************************** ********
    Sometimes, it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness. - Terry Pratchett

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    2,991

    Re: un natural pulse feeling when I push on chest

    Quote Originally Posted by mlc2010 View Post


    When I press down on my sternum I can feel an irregular heartbeat in my bones, so I thought " hmm, thats not good "


    Neither is pressing down on your sternum...

    Why are you even doing this to yourself?


    __________________
    Fall Down Seven Times, Get Up Eight.

  6. #6

    Re: un natural pulse feeling when I push on chest

    Quote Originally Posted by NoraB View Post
    Neither is pressing down on your sternum...

    Why are you even doing this to yourself? [/FONT][/COLOR]

    I was lay on bed with hands resting on chest, when I felt it. Pressing down is probably the wrong word

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    23,397

    Re: un natural pulse feeling when I push on chest

    Quote Originally Posted by mlc2010 View Post
    I was lay on bed with hands resting on chest, when I felt it. Pressing down is probably the wrong word
    Then you would have said that. Big difference between pressing down and resting your hands. Now you're just trying to validate the irrationality and behavior.

    FMP
    __________________
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

    The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    2,991

    Re: un natural pulse feeling when I push on chest

    Quote Originally Posted by mlc2010 View Post
    I was lay on bed with hands resting on chest, when I felt it. Pressing down is probably the wrong word
    Yet you used 'press' and 'push' several times in your posts?

    You pressed down dintcha?

    You can come clean here Mic - most of us are completely barmy.
    __________________
    Fall Down Seven Times, Get Up Eight.

  9. #9

    Re: un natural pulse feeling when I push on chest

    Quote Originally Posted by NoraB View Post
    Yet you used 'press' and 'push' several times in your posts?

    You pressed down dintcha?

    You can come clean here Mic - most of us are completely barmy.
    Well sort of. You have to push to measure your pulse right? Push on the skin slightly

    So why is it where I press on my sternum which is near my heart is it making an independent heart beat sound. I already think there is something wrong with my heart and to hear that is worrying

    Non of it makes sense though.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    2,991

    Re: un natural pulse feeling when I push on chest

    Quote Originally Posted by mlc2010 View Post
    Well sort of. You have to push to measure your pulse right? Push on the skin slightly

    So why is it where I press on my sternum which is near my heart is it making an independent heart beat sound. I already think there is something wrong with my heart and to hear that is worrying

    Non of it makes sense though.
    I've never heard of anybody 'taking their pulse' this way.
    __________________
    Fall Down Seven Times, Get Up Eight.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. quivering/vibrating/rumbling feeling in chest but pulse feels normal?
    By peachy123 in forum Palpitations, Ectopics, Missed beats, Heart Worries
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-06-21, 16:31
  2. Cant seem to push thought/anxiety feeling away panic
    By clio51 in forum General Anxiety / Generalised anxiety disorder (GAD)
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 19-05-18, 16:01
  3. HA - left arm, chest and pulse
    By CharlieM in forum Health Anxiety
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 15-06-13, 19:07
  4. Feeling good :) going the natural route!
    By Littlehelper123 in forum Success Stories
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 18-12-11, 05:20
  5. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 28-06-11, 23:13

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •