Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Would it be better if the dashboard stats were published weekly rather than daily?

Re: Would it be better if the dashboard stats were published weekly rather than daily

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    Good question Pulisa.

After all, I do recall you wondering back in the late spring or early summer (IIRC) if there was any longer any point in daily publication of Covid case stats, and I have recently given it some thought and now believe that weekly rather than daily stats might be more representative, especially in view of a lot of the day-to-day complications I mentioned upthread.

You are correct though, I do tend to get a bit too emotionally embroiled in it at times, and I should try harder not to.
    Wales haven't published their stats yet again today.

Cue a massive jump in overall recorded UK-wide cases tomorrow.

We might just as well go the whole hog and have a fourth national lockdown soon then. Only at the beginning of September, there was speculation about schools breaking up a week earlier for half-term and having an extra week off as a kind of 'firebreak'.

On Friday, my mom's home care person said that she reckons whenever Boris Johnson says something won't happen, it almost always does end up happening!

And the antivaxxers and non-believers who think the pandemic is over will be forced to face the music yet again!

Re: Would it be better if the dashboard stats were published weekly rather than daily

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

I'm with FMP on this one Lencoboy.
    Besides, it's bound to be fuelling anxiety.

Exactly. Best to do what we can and not dwell on it - what good will rumination do?

Is the extra vigilance and angst because of your fear of a 4th national lockdown and the terror you have of that instigating countrywide rioting on a scale of the August 2011 uprisings?

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    Is the extra vigilance and angst because of your fear of a 4th national lockdown and the terror you have of that instigating countrywide rioting on a scale of the August 2011 uprisings?
    Possibly, coupled with a growing sense of discontent over all the other stuff like shortages and the endless reports of the general spiralling costs of living of late. I can also sense another economic recession in the not-too-distant future, though so far the media haven't elaborated on it, at least not in those exact words. In that sense it also feels like 2008 all over again right now.

Sorry to sound so pessimistic but nearly everything just seems like a ticking time bomb right now.

Sorry to sound so pessimistic but nearly everything just seems like a ticking time bomb right now.
    To YOU! Some of us choose to grab onto the positives instead of dwelling on the negatives. "Life is 10% what happens to us, 90% how we handle it." - Charles Swindoll

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

Quote Originally Posted by Carnation View Post
    I'm with FMP on this one Lencoboy.
    Besides, it's bound to be fuelling anxiety.
    Yes, coupled with all the other horrible things in the news of late, such as the shortages/spiralling living costs, the recent stampedes for petrol, the Sarah Everard case and the odious antics of the Insulate Britain protesters (e.g, blocking ambulances), of which actually risk alienating and doing a disservice to the 'genuine' anti-climate change activists and inadvertently tarring them all with the same brush!

Ditto for all male police officers potentially being labelled perverted 'bogeymen' over the actions of a tiny minority, in the wake of the Sarah Everard case.

At least they're standing up for what they believe in rather than carping about it on a forum.

Yes, coupled with all the other horrible things in the news of late, such as the shortages/spiralling living costs, the recent stampedes for petrol, the Sarah Everard case and the odious antics of the Insulate Britain protesters (e.g, blocking ambulances), of which actually risk alienating and doing a disservice to the 'genuine' anti-climate change activists and inadvertently tarring them all with the same brush!

Ditto for all male police officers potentially being labelled perverted 'bogeymen' over the actions of a tiny minority, in the wake of the Sarah Everard case.

C'mon Lenco... seriously... enough.... I'm sorry this is consuming you but no need to continue to spead negativity.

FMP

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information