Thread: Face mask exemption.

Face mask exemption.

Hi all, I figured this could be a good place to ask about this. Since having to wear the face masks I've been generally fine with them, but because I have an anxiety/panic disorder there have been times when I've been at work or on the bus where my anxiety has built and of course that panic mixed with the mask I'm wearing has made things worse. Until today I thought only those with physical illnesses or severe disabilities didn't have to wear a face mask, but I have been informed that actually I should be exempt due to my anxiety/panic disorder? I have since contacted my Dr to find out about this since I had absolutely no idea and knowing I'm exempt would have come in very handy when I've found myself in really panicky situations.

Does anyone know the exact rules? I live in the UK.

Re: Face mask exemption.

You're probably best to ask your employers/check your local bus company. I've stopped wearing a mask on the bus because it makes me feel really on edge and hardly anybody else is wearing one round here.

Re: Face mask exemption.

https://www.gov.uk/government/public...-face-covering

From 19 July 2021, there is no longer a legal requirement to wear face coverings in indoor settings or on public transport.

We expect and recommend that members of the public continue to wear face coverings in crowded and enclosed spaces where you come into contact with people you don’t normally meet. For example, on public transport.

You should use your judgement in deciding where you should wear one. Businesses, including transport operators, can also ask their employees and customers to wear face coverings. You should check with operators of services, venues, and settings that you use

But worth checking as Blue says since the government have deferred this matter to the public.

Thread Information