Thread: Extreme wave of dizziness along with constant dizziness

Extreme wave of dizziness along with constant dizziness

Hi everyone, I hope your all OK.
    Has anyone every experienced this or similar?
    So I'm pretty much dizzy all of the time, it never let's up to be honest. But sometimes along with the constant dizziness I get a terrible wave of dizziness which last between a few minutes to 10 minutes. Its so frightening I have to hold onto somthing and hold my head otherwise I will definitley fall. Its like I am being tipped upside down. Its very strange and it's worrying me now. I know dizziness is related to anxiety, and I have accepted that with the constant dizziness I have. But these random waves thay I keep getting are scaring me.

Re: Extreme wave of dizziness along with constant dizziness

Yes. Have been dealing with it for 20 years. Feeling particularly bad this morning. I also have some form of dizziness every single day 😏

The extreme part you’re talking about sounds exactly like how I get when I’m having a BPPV attack. Harmless, but no fun at all. At their worst, I can’t even sit up, much less walk. They usually resolve within ten minutes or so but it’s miserable while it lasts.

Hi, thabk you for replying. I'm feeling so miserable wondering how much longer longer can carry on. Its constant dizziness, I wonder hoe this can be anxiety. Maybe I need a hospital appointment to have it looked at more detail. Can anxiety really cause constant dizziness? I eat and drink well so cant be that xx

I wish i knew the answer to this, it's been the worse symptom for me for years. I have a stiff painful neck and shoulders and wonder if this could be the cause, it worries me constantly and i feel on the verge of a panic attack all the time. The dizziness only lasts seconds but it happens lots of times through out the day.

Hi There,

If this of any re-assurance, when my anxiety is building I very much experience dizziness, a foggy / tight feeling in the head / balance issues with difficulty placing my feet. Walking up the road last night after a day at work my balance was off as I felt odd waves of energy rushing through the head. As my mood increases, I start to relax the brain fog lifts and feel normal again.

I was very concerned as to these symptoms so went to see Doctors / Neuro / had MRI all came back clear and diagnosed with anxiety. Have been prescribed various meds (currently Sertraline) unfortunately have found none of them really work and am just continuing what feels like a daily struggle. I believe I must have some sort of social anxiety, I am not afraid of others but very aware and sensitive to their 'energies' around certain people I am fine, around others and the dreaded brain fog moves in....

I would go get it checked out. NOT because I think its serious but because they may be able to treat the cause. It could be from something on your inner ear or tight muscles in your neck. But definitely worth going to see if you could get some relief.

Thread Information