Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wisdom tooth removal

Wisdom tooth removal

Hi, I’m having my upper wisdom tooth removed at my dentist and I’ve never had an extraction before. The guy doing it apparently used to work at the dental hospital so I’m quite confident in his capabilities but I’m more worried about the possibility of infection and dry socket afterwards. I’ve also been told my tooth has 3 roots! Anyone any words of wisdom please.

Re: Wisdom tooth removal

I've had quite a lot of teeth out over the years, I've never had a post extraction infection or dry socket.

For me I've always garbled with salt water after an extraction, it's great for keeping infection at bay and helps with healing. Although last time I had a tooth out the dentist said I didn't need to do that, I think I probably did it anyways.

I had mine out and didn't have any issues at all, before, during, or after. It was actually really awesome - I obviously got to take the day off from classes, and basically just spent my entire time napping and eating my favorite soft foods.

Good luck!
    Sometimes I fly like an eagle, sometimes I'm deep in despair.

Not had a wisdom tooth taken out. I had some first teeth out when I was eight or nine to make room for my adult teeth, and maybe one or two adult teeth at the same time (I was told I could not carry 32 teeth due to my size of my jaw and mouth)

I have and one adult teeth taken out at the dentist and this was very quick

Quote Originally Posted by Catkins View Post
    I've had quite a lot of teeth out over the years, I've never had a post extraction infection or dry socket.

For me I've always garbled with salt water after an extraction, it's great for keeping infection at bay and helps with healing. Although last time I had a tooth out the dentist said I didn't need to do that, I think I probably did it anyways.
    thanks-for replying. I’ve heard salt water gargles are good. I’m just worried that the clot will fall out and prevent healing. I’ll have to see what my dentist says for after care advice

I’m hoping mines very quick! I had a baby tooth out when I was about 8. Can’t remember it tbh but baby teeth aren’t stuck in the gum as much so they come out easier I think

I’ll reward my bravery with a day off as well. Good tip ��

I would love to tell you my wisdom tooth story but I had a complication that was pretty extreme. That was 13 years ago and everything is fine now, but, it is far from a simple or minor procedure. Make sure you have pain meds, ice, and lots of time to recover.

Well I’m having it done in 45 minutes. I’ve not slept and feel sick. What will be will be and everyone’s experience is different. Sorry you had that Flapj, I couldn’t have read this at a worse time. My husbands had 3 extractions and was fine after every one. I’ll have to get on with it as best I can.

I’m home! It took me 20 minutes including the drive 5wre and back and the wait in the reception. The actual removal took less than a minute. Now for a speedy recovery hopefully!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information