Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Irregular shape breast lump, really scared

Irregular shape breast lump, really scared

Hi, I'm really struggling here with breast anxiety. This has always been the worst one for me and it's flairing up big time now.
    I felt my breast this morning and I can feel a large, fairly solid irregular shape lump there. It's in the lower part of my breast, fairly near the bottom of it.
    I've often panicked about lumps but they're usually round and smooth, but mostly quite solid. This one nearly feels like a ridge or something.
    I'm due for a mammogram in the next few weeks. My last one was about a year and a half ago. The last time I was checked by a doctor was just before Christmas, so 9 or 10 months ago.
    I can't stop worrying about this. Not round and smooth is freaking me out.
    Sorry for going on a bit. I know I've been here before but every time it feels different. Really struggling.

Re: Irregular shape breast lump, really scared

I have a ridge of dense breast tissue in the lower section of both breasts, but more pronounced on the right than the left. My bet is you are feeling something similar. But do get it checked by your doctor if you are worried x

Thanks Jojo - it was some comfort that you have something similar but not for long. I've just had a horrible day and I'm feeling so low right now.

I rang the breast clinic this morning to try to get a date for my mammo appointment. I was speaking to a lady there a few weeks ago who said if I hadn't heard anything in a week or so to ring them back, that my appointment would be very very soon.
    The lady I spoke to this morning told me my appointment would not be until the new year some time. I should never have been told it would be sooner.
    She said I had an appointment for a mammogram last April but I never showed up so I was removed from the list. I told her I never got that appointment. This was the first I'd heard of it. I got so upset on the phone but she really didn't care. Just told me again that I never turned up for my April appointment which I kept telling her I never got.

I made an appointment with my GP for this Friday. I'm so scared to go to her because this lump is scaring me. Maybe she'll refer me again to the clinic, I just don't know. I don't know what to think any more.
    I'm worried, upset and angry over this.

And to top it off my GP rang our house this evening. My husband answered the phone as I was away. She just asked to speak to me and he said I wasn't here. Then she just said to tell me that she will be in the surgery all day tomorrow and that was it. I've no clue what that means or why she rang to say that. Does she not want me to go into her on Friday?

I just feel that everything is going wrong with this and my anxiety is sky high over it.

Hi there , my partner has just gone through something similar after finding something, she put it off for while and after a mammogram and and a couple of weeks of worry ( probably more by me ) she got letter to say it’s not breast cancer , I’m sure most cases are not but we just start to spiral and it’s hard to stop thinking the worst , you are doing the right thing getting checked out early , I’m a fine one to say this but try not to overthink it , it all turned out okay for my partner and I worried myself sick for nothing and I’m sure this will be the case for you .

Brokengirl- do go to see your gp on Friday. The chances are it’s nothing, but only a doctor can properly reassure you. She likely will refer you. They almost always do for breast things. I’ve been referred many times. It’s better safe than sorry.

I agree with Jo, get it looked at but try not to panic. 9 out of 10 lumps are nothing. Majority of GPs will do a referral to the breast clinic, not because they think it’s cancer, it’s part of their guidelines.

I'm definitely going to keep my appointment with the gp tomorrow. I'm absolutely dreading it but it has to be done.
    I can't stop thinking about the mammogram appointment in April that they said I missed but I never got it. I'm just a bit scared it will come back to bite me.
    Waiting is so difficult. So hard to stop the thoughts racing and taking you into a dark place

Waiting is SO difficult. But it won’t be long. Good luck and let us know xxx

It's been a long time since I felt this nervous. I feel like throwing up since I got out of bed this morning.
    My appointment is at 12. Dreading what she's going to say.
    I'll let you know later how it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by BrokenGirl View Post
    It's been a long time since I felt this nervous. I feel like throwing up since I got out of bed this morning.
    My appointment is at 12. Dreading what she's going to say.
    I'll let you know later how it goes.
    Good luck. Thinking of you. And don’t be too alarmed if you are referred xx

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information