Thread: Feeling tremendous guilt

Feeling tremendous guilt

Hi all. I've currently come down with covid and there has also been a bit of an outbreak at work as well. I know the virus could have come from anywhere, I could have easily picked it up from someone else, but my anxiety is putting way too many thoughts in my head at once and basically telling me I caused all this, that I've basically murdered people. It's got so out of hand that I'm sat here thinking I'm going to go to prison or something.

I've rung my Dr today to ask for some help with this anxiety, waiting for a call back. Just wanted to come and rant and offload somewhere :(

Re: Feeling tremendous guilt

That's nonsense, your thoughts are disordered because you're poorly.

Feel better soon.

I understand how you feel
    I got Covid and I was careful. But gave to my husband who was in the hospital
    He was on oxygen. He did get better. But I live with guilt everyday that I could have lost him and I was the cause. Winter is so bad for me with anxiety and depression and this makes it worst.

Quote Originally Posted by Simonsays64 View Post
    Hi all. I've currently come down with covid and there has also been a bit of an outbreak at work as well. I know the virus could have come from anywhere, I could have easily picked it up from someone else, but my anxiety is putting way too many thoughts in my head at once and basically telling me I caused all this, that I've basically murdered people. It's got so out of hand that I'm sat here thinking I'm going to go to prison or something.

I've rung my Dr today to ask for some help with this anxiety, waiting for a call back. Just wanted to come and rant and offload somewhere :(
    Surely that's been happening with lots of people lately, but have they been arrested, convicted and received prison sentences over it, especially if they have been following the guidelines but unwittingly happened to end up spreading Covid?

Surely you have been careful yourself for the most part?

Thread Information