Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hyper aware of my consciousness + constant panic fear of losing control and dying

Re: Hyper aware of my consciousness + constant panic fear of losing control and dyin

Quote Originally Posted by JoeM89 View Post
    I’m on a very low does of citalopram, but I’m thinking of asking the doctor for something stronger. How about you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not taking any meds at the moment, but I am considering taking them if things get out of control. Overall, I am better than I used to be, but I still have bad moments. If I do take some meds, I will ask my psychiatrist to prescribe them.

Did you find citalopram helpful before or it lost its effect over time?

2. Re: Hyper aware of my consciousness + constant panic fear of losing control and dyin

This sounds like my sister anxiety.

Re: Hyper aware of my consciousness + constant panic fear of losing control and dyin

Hi, how are you doing now? I've been experiencing the same thing since I had a panic attack 2 weeks ago.

I've had this anxiety on and off for 40 years and it comes and goes in severity. I've fainted a few times and spent time in a&e on those occasions having my health checks, I've been on citalapram for several years. 4 years ago I fainted while at the seaside, then 6 months after that I fainted in a restaurant. Since then I can't go in restaurants or buses, family get togethers etc. I had cbt as well but that didn't get me far. Now I go out when I feel OK although the feelings creaps up on me sometimes. I don't think the feelings go but enjoy the good days when it's in the background more.

hello, i have the same issue.. lately the fear of dying or going insane is eating me up! meds do not work.. when does it end?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information