Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Been kicked off my GP

Been kicked off my GP

Following the incident on the 11th I've been kicked off my GP surgery. I am not able to register at any other doctor. I now have to travel 3 miles to the hospital walk in center if I need medical help.

This has messed up my medications and treatment.

The reason I've been removed is apparently I was verbally abusive. I was vocal, I hadn't had my promazine for a week and they knew that, but I wasn't abusive.

They failed me numerous times and continue to mess up my promazine and have done for well over a year.

Medications: 40mg Quitapine, 40mg Paroxatine, 300mg Promazine, 6mg-10mg Diazepam
    Diagnosis: Panic disorder, General anxiety, Agoraphobia, Depression, Aspergers.

Recovering alcoholic. Recovering codeine abuser.

Re: Been kicked off my GP

Well, with no treatment it's back to being unmedicated, and the last time that happened I became an alcoholic.

Medications: 40mg Quitapine, 40mg Paroxatine, 300mg Promazine, 6mg-10mg Diazepam

Quote Originally Posted by WiredIncorrectly View Post
    I nearly got arrested today. I been without my promazine for over a week. I walked pharmacy to get them and she said they haven't been sent over. So I decided to walk to the doctors to see what was happening.

I had to stand outside the doctors as nobody is allowed in. The lady on intercom kept saying "you have to wait for doctor to sign them off come back at 3". I explained I wasn't feeling well and I hadn't had my meds. She didn't seem concerned. So I waited for a delivery driver to turn up and followed him through. The lady tried to barge me outside, but I walked past her. Then she started screaming I pushed her up the wall. This was a lie, they have cameras and I didn't touch anybody. I walked straight to reception and said "Please can you sort my medications out I am not well and need them".

Then every doctor flooded out. So I just sat on the floor in the reception and said call the police if you like I will explain what is going on. I need my medications, you was meant to send them pharmacy last Wednesday.

After a wile the doctor sorted the script and sent me on my way.
    Based on your post about the incident, its not surprising and you've posted about similar confrontational incidents before. You definitely were in the wrong to do what you did. Perhaps the walk in center is the best bet until you can find a practice that will take you on as a patient.

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

I was in the wrong, but my state of mind was a result of not having the required medications. I had called on the 6th to request my meds, and they told me they'd be there by the 9th. They wasn't, so I went a week without my medications. This is promazine, which is used to combat the psychotic episodes I have. So with them knowing the medications I'm on, and knowing about the withdrawal, I am not entirely to blame here.

How the heck am I meant to travel 3 miles to walk in center? I barely made it to the pharmacy and look what happened when I did go out! These issues are not exclusive to the GP surgery. I can have these episodes at any time, but are 99% predictable when I don't have the medications.

I am fighting this until the end because if I don't get treatment I'll be back on drink and drugs to feel normal. This is my life at stake here.

Thanks for the support FMP. Appreciate it. I thought you of all people knew about mental health problems. Maybe I'm not wanted on this board no more. My issues are too much for you lot too it seems. I'll seek out another forum for phsycopathic idiots like myself.

It's funny how the world can sympathize with somebody who hasn't been given their medications, but the moment I put a foot wrong it's all my fault. "Awww sorry you had your psychotic episode" ... it doesn't ring well does it?

Take it easy, James? I know you're having a rough time and I'm sorry.

Obviously it's your illness that made you take the action you did, but that doesn't mean that it might not have been perceived as threatening by staff who almost certainly weren't responsible for your meds being delayed.

Who has diagnosed your psychosis, James? Why are you only under the care of a GP if your meds are so critical to your stability? You seem to have a problem taking the meds regularly anyway so this can't help your mood?

Oh and thanks for being so appreciative for all the advice you have been offered on here. We are just bored saddos though..

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    Who has diagnosed your psychosis, James? Why are you only under the care of a GP if your meds are so critical to your stability? You seem to have a problem taking the meds regularly anyway so this can't help your mood?
    You know nothing about my meds or my situation. I take my medications regular.

I’ve noticed something in life. Certain mental health conditions get no support from the outside world. Two of those are narcissism, and psychopathy. Whereas other mental health illnesses are treated much more sympathetic, those two are not.

I’m left feeling like an enemy. I feel like my problems are not important; even to the mental health professionals in charge of my care.

The world is twisted, and sick. And the responses of some on this forum towards me seem passive aggressive. Ever since my anger issues have been made known nobody wants anything to do with me.

Is anger not a mental health condition? I do apologize that my mental health conditions cause undesirable traits. Maybe I should learn how to cry a lot instead, then people will be more sympathetic to my plight.

For some people they cry. For others they get angry. This is the nature of the beast. Something you folks are not willing to accept or address or help with.

I'm not trying to be passive aggressive.

Unfortunately, no, people don't want to deal with other people who are hostile. I like to think I've always done my best to be kind and to see your side, but frightening people (even unintentionally) is seldom likely to obtain a positive result.

Maybe contact your local MIND for help finding an advocate who can find you another GP?

That's very cruel, James. You bring these problems on yourself.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information