Thread: UTI-anyone taken Keflex/Cephalexin

UTI-anyone taken Keflex/Cephalexin

So this is my 3rd UTI this year previously was prescribed Nitrofurantoin-bad reaction then Trimethoprim-made me weak and trembly and put me in a CFS relapse for a month. Talked to the nurse who suggested Keflex but of course I have googled it and some people have had bad anxiety and racing heart with it. As I already have mild anxiety and palpitations I’m really scared to take it, has anyone on here taken it? I am trying to treat it naturally with D-Mannose but of course am anxious about it getting worse if i dont take AB’s. So stressed about it!

Re: UTI-anyone taken Keflex/Cephalexin

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

I took Keflex for a severe sinus infection. It is a strong antibiotic. The only thing I remember it doing is upsetting my stomach (you need to eat with it) and I felt hot for the first few days. (probably just my anxiety flaring up) But if you are looking or a mild antibiotic, would they try a high does of plain amoxicillin?

20+ year suffer of GAD/Panic Disorder

If they offer it, I have tried it

Bit late in replying, but having just been on it for about 6 weeks, one week oral, 4 weeks high intravenous doses, plus now another week of oral with a few more to go, it had no impact on anxiety or the heart, good, or bad. The gut microbiome was and is not happy with oral dosing however, but that wasn't as bad when on the drip. Yogurt and fermented foods will hopefully restore the balance once I'm off it.

Thread Information