Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Red spot/bump on chest

Re: Red spot/bump on chest

Hi I had something similar at the start of the year. Tiny almost shiny red spot that wouldn’t go away, finally after about 8 weeks it came to a head and disappeared. Try putting a warm flannel on it a couple of times a day to draw out a head. Hope it soon heals.

Hi everyone. I still have this bump spot thing and I stopped worrying as showed a few people and they all why you worrying about that its just a spot so I just tried to stop thinking about it and thought it was starting to heal but its still there. Can spots or bumps like this last a long time? I started googling again which is driving me to despair. It doesn't look like the skin cancer pictures but can't help but still worry. Any advice I would appreciate? Thanks. Louise. Xxxxxxxxxx

I would just leave it alone and see what happens. Put a plaster on it so you don't keep touching it as well.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Hi there. I get spots on my breasts/chests all the time. The first time it happened I literally freaked out. I kept squeezing it and nothing would come out. Eventually I left it alone and it went away. Took a long time tho and I can still see a slight scar where I kept irritating it. I currently have another spot right above my nipple and it's been there for 2 months. I kept squeezing it at first but I know from experience that that doesn't help so I've left it alone and it's almost gone. I do put some sudocrem on at night. I don't think this is a sign of breast cancer. Do you keep touching/squeezing it? Maybe give it a week without touching it and see if it fades. If you're still worried then get it check out. The skin on breasts/chest is quite sensitive/thin so I think healing takes longer.

Hi. Yeah I'm constantly trying to squeeze it and poking and prodding it. I've noticed if I put a warm compress on it it goes down quite a bit but doesnt go away.

Try to leave it alone. I didn't squeeze or irritate mine for 2 weeks (after I'd spent a week of constantly doing this) and i put sudocrem on it a couple of times a day and it went. Honestly tho it took about 4 months for it to heal completely. And i can still see a slight red mark where it was. It definitely won't heal if you keep prodding/squeezing it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information