Thread: Workplace bullying

Workplace bullying

Hi
    I'm new. I'm on my 4th job in 4 years due to bullying. I had to leave 2 jobs because my male bosses physically threatened me. One I left because the female boss humiliated me so much other employees were seeing it. I'm now at a remote job and my coworker and I are being bullied. Back in the same situation AGAIN. I know it probably sounds unbelievable being I work from home but trust me it's real. Whenever I have a phone or computer issue that is out of my control I get blamed. The computer and phone were provided by my company. My supervisor ignores me when I have issues and overloads me out of spite with time sensitive work I can't complete then berates me when I can't finish. I can't go to HR because HR makes it worse. At my previous job I was fired for reporting my boss's physical threats.

My coworker and I have both developed severe anxiety. I had anxiety before from my experiences and now I've developed constant trembling. My stomach constantly hurts. I don't enjoy anything anymore. I work and then I'm so exhausted I sleep. My husband is being affected by it but I'm lost. Getting another job will just be the same thing all over again. I'm afraid all the time now. I've become paranoid about everything. Can anyone relate?

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

Re: Workplace bullying

Hey there, welcome to NMP.

I've been bullied so I can relate. It's not acceptable. In situations like this I would start recording everything. Record telephone conversations, record zoom calls, and save any correspondence.

Wait until you have enough evidence to prove you are being bullied and then make a complaint directly to the police. I wouldn't report it without the evidence because it turns into a "he said, she said" situation and police may not take future complaints seriously. Workplace bullying is a criminal offence.

You should not be forced to leave your job because you are bullied. It's difficult when you can't report to somebody in fear of that causing further bulling. If you have evidence about your previous boss I would most definitely contact the police.

Do you have any evidence right now about your current situation?

My 2 cents.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” - Richard Feynman

☪️️

I wish it were that easy. My one job my male boss physically threatened me and I went to the police and was told there was nothing they could do. I've been down every road with these situations. The bully is protected. The employee is not. Thanks for replying.

Oh wow. I'm sorry to hear that. This is indeed a very tricky situation. I'm not sure I can offer much help. I freelance, but don't have to deal with other people. Clients are bad enough though.

Somebody else will definitely chime in with some advice.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” - Richard Feynman

☪️️

Thanks for listening. It's just nice to have someone listen. I know there's no solution to this. I'm just going to to have to stay and put up with it. I'm just trying to not have nervous breakdown.

I agree sometimes having an unbiased ear to talk to is enough to help deal with a situation.

Do you have a union? I'm not sure if the USA has things like those, but can they help?

☪️️

No I work remotely in a state different from my company.

Quote Originally Posted by ldickerson1973 View Post
    I wish it were that easy. My one job my male boss physically threatened me and I went to the police and was told there was nothing they could do. I've been down every road with these situations. The bully is protected. The employee is not. Thanks for replying.

Your situation sucks big time!

It does seem like bullies are protected and untouchable whilst victims usually aren't.

I hope justice is eventually done for you.

Thanks. There's no justice for bullying victims unfortunately. It's just nice to have support from people like you.

Thread Information