Thread: BAD panic attacks? or something serious?

BAD panic attacks? or something serious?

what does a panic attack feel like? my heart rate bpm jumped from like 70 to 130-140 very rarely, enough for me to bring it up with my GP. he put me on lexapro and on my second dose i felt the worst rush of energy ive ever felt. i never had heavy breathing, which is why im so confused as if its a panic attack or something deadly.. my oxygen sat fluctuates a bit during the day when i move around a bit. ive been taken off the lexapro and am seeing a professional in two weeks, but im trying to tell myself im okay until then. have had many tests done.. two ekgs, two chest xrays, and a blood test. why does it happen when im otherwise completely calm?

i hope im okay. i havent felt okay lately.. and im reaching out to try and get some professional help but two weeks feels like so long :(

Re: BAD panic attacks? or something serious?

Panic attacks don't all feel the same. I had them for years but then when I was being bullied at work I had one which was off the scale. I thought I was melting from the inside.

They don't always go with panicky thoughts, although mine often do.
    Personally they don't always involve heavy breathing for me.

When you say, 'Trying to tell myself I'm ok' that makes me think you aren't as calm as you think. I know that very often I think I'm fine but my body knows otherwise...

Really glad you're getting checked out. Of course I can't tell you for sure it's nothing else. But you've had lots of tests. They obviously don't think it's an emergency. Do your best to keep relaxing and deep breathing.

Re: BAD panic attacks? or something serious?

I'm so sorry you are having those. I have a lot of panic attacks. Some come out of nowhere and some I know are coming. I've had symptoms like heart palpitations, hyperventilating, dizziness and feeling spacy. Hopefully you find out what is causing your symptoms.

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

Thread Information