Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Pre 1990's Feel Good Music

Re: Pre 1990's Feel Good Music

Okay so my first list of pre 90s songs may have been all that we love to hate but 90% of what I listen to is pre 90s , Pat Benatar , We belong , would bring back memories of the 80s as would Brian Adams Reckless Album , this album was given to me when I bought my first good hifi a pioneer stack with cassette decks that opened softly not catapulting c90’s across the room , summer of 69 and Run to you both great tracks , my first 7” singles I bought as a ten year old with pocket money were Peter Gabriel Games without frontiers and Sex pistols Friggin in the Riggin which I had to hide from my mum , very very different songs and my taste is still that varied , if I like it I like it .

Quote Originally Posted by Buster70 View Post
    Okay so my first list of pre 90s songs may have been all that we love to hate but 90% of what I listen to is pre 90s , Pat Benatar , We belong , would bring back memories of the 80s as would Brian Adams Reckless Album , this album was given to me when I bought my first good hifi a pioneer stack with cassette decks that opened softly not catapulting c90’s across the room , summer of 69 and Run to you both great tracks , my first 7” singles I bought as a ten year old with pocket money were Peter Gabriel Games without frontiers and Sex pistols Friggin in the Riggin which I had to hide from my mum , very very different songs and my taste is still that varied , if I like it I like it .
    Ah, 'Reckless', what an amazing album, which I have on both vinyl and CD.

Still can't believe the timeless classic mega anthem 'Summer Of 69' failed to make the UK Top 20 as a single.

Funnily enough, my dad bought the original vinyl version when it first came out back in 84 and he happened to have a couple of Pioneer components; the SA-740 amplifier and it's matching sibling PL-740 turntable (probably amongst the last great components from the Japanese legend before they went the plasticrap route from about 85 onwards, and of course when vinyl subsequently went out of fashion in favour of CDs), plus a Technics RS-M230 cassette deck, all of which did a great job back in the day.

Sadly we no longer have any of those components now, which is a real shame considering they would be highly desirable and indeed increasingly valuable today!

Before they gave us Kylie we had Cathy Dennis:

Quote Originally Posted by WiredIncorrectly View Post
    Oh that 80's vibe is very saucy T. I love those compressed gated snares.

Edit: That chorus! The female vocal work in the 80's was sexy.

That gif is funny. I'm watching them dance while listening to the song and every so often they're in sync.
    Spidey knows how to throw some shapes

The 80s were great for music. The compilations are far better than the boy band 90s.

I think I saw one of the female singers from Five Star on Pointless recently? She was still hot.

Edit: you will probably hear this track now as Steps have released a recent cover. Not bad
    Last edited by MyNameIsTerry; 18-10-21 at 14:37.

Kim Wilde You Keep Me Hanging On:

Can't help but dance to this!

I say 'dance'.. I'm uncoordinated as hell but I can do a decent knee shuffle and head bop.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    I saw Pat Benatar live back in the day. She was such a tiny little thing but rocked her socks off! I had such a crush on her. I've seen many of the classics from the 70's and early 80's, but then again, I'm old

FMP
    Pat's one of my lady crushes. I saw her in concert on the telly back in the 80s. Little black dress & high heels. Impressive set of pipes on her! My dad seemed to like her too.

WiredIncorrectly, this thread is right up my alley because most of my life has been based around music.
    It leaves me difficult to decide what to post as they are so many I could mention and probably will.
    But I played this one a lot throughout the pandemic.

https://youtu.be/-n3sUWR4FV4

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    Naff off!
    Lenco, suggest deleting this as you're quoting what Admin will have deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    Lenco, suggest deleting this as you're quoting what Admin will have deleted.
    OK. Done.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information