Thread: One sided intermittent breast pain

One sided intermittent breast pain

Hi all
    I haven't posted on here for such a long time!!! I've been doing so well :-)
    I seem to be having a little blip.
    For the past 3-4 weeks I've had what feels like a burning pain in my right breast , it's intermittent , some days I don't have it at all, and some I feel it maybe once or twice a day. It started off at top side of breast and seems to travel to nipple . I've had a quick feel and can't feel any lumps and it doesn't hurt to touch the breast or when pressure is applied (like a hug)
    I also have what I would describe as an uncomfortable shoulder (same side) it's not painful but just uncomfortable sometimes.

Really just wondering if anyone has had anything similar? Could it be pain relayed to shoulder presenting as breast pain ? Don't want to start worrying about breast cancer again ( biggest fear)

Obviously I will go to the Dr if it persists, just wondered if anyone ould like to share their experiences of anything similar

Thank you x

Re: One sided intermittent breast pain

Could it be related to sleeping position?

Thanks Speranza , I suppose it could be, I've just experienced again about 5 mins ago. I had mopped the kitchen floor , then led on sofa for about 2 mins got up and it happened 🙄 I haven't felt it all day apart from now . It has happened when I e changed positions sleeping too, and when reaching for something at work.x

So the pain is still there , it comes and goes and I think I've noticed it's worse if I do something strenuous , like lift something heavy then it will play up a few hours after .

But to add to the worry. I also have a rash on the same breast now 😫 I must add I also have it on my legs and arms and the Dr is treating it as an allergic reaction to something ... Who knows what 🤔 but I stupidly Googled ( I don't know why I do it ) and have now diagnosed myself with inflammatory breast cancer ☹️

I'll be ringing the Dr on Thursday to let then know how the rash is and will see if I can get a face to face appt.

I genuinely don't know how to stop worrying about this 😳😭

Hi! I have the same thing going on right now. I feel you. In the past I have had this and have come to the conclusion that I have fiber cystic breast tissue and changes in the season sometimes make it flare up. Seems weird but I’ve gone through cycles of this same pain…. And one side is usually the worse side… or the one i notice the most often. Also. I was told by a doc that if I keep prodding my breasts checking for lumps it’s going to be sore.
    Idk if that helps

Thank you for your reply. It's nice to know I'm not alone with this. I have a face to face appt today with my GP and she'll probably do a breast exam so I'll let you know what she's says x

What did they say?

Thread Information