Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hallucinating sounds of loud arguments when starting to wake up

Hallucinating sounds of loud arguments when starting to wake up

This has been happening to me on and off for ages now, even going back 20-odd years in some instances and I never previously made a big deal over it but over recent weeks such phenomena has become much more frequent to the point where I am starting to feel quite disturbed by it.

Ironically, I haven't witnessed nor been exposed in person to any major confrontations recently, neither at home nor elsewhere, but I really have no idea as to what the potential triggers are. And despite me changing meds at least 3 times over the past 10-20 years or more.

I'm NOT attention-seeking either.

Re: Hallucinating sounds of loud arguments when starting to wake up

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    This has been happening to me on and off for ages now, even going back 20-odd years in some instances and I never previously made a big deal over it but over recent weeks such phenomena has become much more frequent to the point where I am starting to feel quite disturbed by it.

Ironically, I haven't witnessed nor been exposed in person to any major confrontations recently, neither at home nor elsewhere, but I really have no idea as to what the potential triggers are. And despite me changing meds at least 3 times over the past 10-20 years or more.

I'm NOT attention-seeking either.
    P.S. Is it possible that this thread could be moved to the 'GAD' sub-section?

One for your GP or a psychiatrist methinks Lenco...

Hallucinating the sound of loud arguments on waking up

I've already created another thread on this in the 'Symptoms' sub-section, but it's barely had any response, so I decided to start another one here, as this sub-section appears to have higher traffic.

On and off over recent weeks upon waking up very early in the morning, I have been hallucinating the sound of loud arguments and domestic violence-like incidents, despite no such things actually happening, and all I can hear is the sound of the central heating, which doesn't generally bother me, plus both my parents are almost always still spark out at about 6 am, so unlikely to be rowing and screaming that early in the morning, but they thankfully don't have such confrontations very often nowadays anyway.

I am just finding it so disturbing and terrifying, especially as it seems to be so random.

Also, is it normal to hear random things in sounds like the whirring of the central heating system and other mechanical devices that aren't actually present when waking up?

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Hypnogogic sleep, I think it's called.

Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post
    Hypnogogic sleep, I think it's called.
    Yep, waking being the Hypnopompic stage of it. All quite normal and increased anxiety can cause more of it.

The brain works very differently in these stages so we can experience all sorts of strange things.

Hope this helps you, Lenco? Sound sensitivity can really ramp up with increased anxiety too.

Quote Originally Posted by nomorepanic View Post
    Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.
    Thank you. Much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    Hope this helps you, Lenco? Sound sensitivity can really ramp up with increased anxiety too.
    Yes. It happened once again first thing this morning, even though I had a fan on all night which mostly obscured the sound of the central heating coming on at 6 am this morning.

I am going through the cycle once again, though unlike certain persons on here, whose (user)names I shall not mention, I am not out to attention-seek.

Although I don't really believe in the paranormal, supernatural, etc, I sometimes sense some bad vibes in our house, despite it only being almost 50 years old (built in 1972). In fact we as a family actually had far worse 'crises' at our previous address that was about 6 years younger than our current address and we moved away from it in 1985 when I was almost 8.

ETA; I just did some research on Wikipedia about Hypnopompia, and kind of sums it up
    Last edited by Lencoboy; 19-11-21 at 12:31.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information