Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hallucinating sounds of loud arguments when starting to wake up

Re: Hallucinating sounds of loud arguments when starting to wake up

Hi, I woke this morning hearing loud deep banging sounds and the sound of like wha wha whoosh woosh in my head ( only way I can describe it ) . Also this was coupled with palpitations . Sometimes I hear a loud bang as im going to sleep too . Its disturbing but I try to accept it,s due to high levels of anxiety . I had a very intense confrontation with a family member and it takes me days to settle . Stress upon stress too often trigers these auditory episodes with me .

Just wanted to tell you, you'r not alone .

Hope this helps
    Last edited by tham; 23-11-21 at 15:26. Reason: missed a bit

Quote Originally Posted by tham View Post
    Hi, I woke this morning hearing loud deep banging sounds and the sound of like wha wha whoosh woosh in my head ( only way I can describe it ) . Also this was coupled with palpitations . Sometimes I hear a loud bang as im going to sleep too . Its disturbing but I try to accept it,s due to high levels of anxiety . I had a very intense confrontation with a family member and it takes me days to settle . Stress upon stress too often trigers these auditory episodes with me .

Just wanted to tell you, you'r not alone .

Hope this helps
    Thanks Tham.

On a similar note, yesterday, like a fool, I watched old episodes of Crimewatch UK from the 80s and early 90s on YouTube and ended up having nightmares about armed robberies and shootings, which was most ironic considering Nick Ross's famous catchphrase 'Don't have nightmares, and sleep tight!'

It was also an eye-opener to the fact that violent crimes, especially armed robberies, were actually much higher back in the 80s and 90s than a lot of us seemed to realise at the time.

Much easier and more lucrative to steal money online these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post
    Much easier and more lucrative to steal money online these days.
    Hence probably why online fraud/scams seem to be talked about far more these days than the classical armed robberies of banks, building societies, post offices, shops, pubs, Royal Mail/Securicor vans, etc.

In many ways I think this country was actually far more unsafe at times back in the 80s and 90s than now, despite us being saturated with endless instantaneous info nowadays, mainly thanks to the Internet.

This has started up once again after just over 2 years, which obviously coincided with a simultaneous anxiety dream which I had prior to waking about 6:30 am this morning.

The dream was about returning to our previous address and hearing our original next door neighbours there having a terrible domestic with tons of shouting, screaming, swearing, slapping and banging going on (they were quite volatile as they were in the forces) and then gradually started to awaken still kind of hallucinating the sounds of all the hullabaloo coming from next door at our previous address circa 1978-1980 that I don't really remember personally but I recall my grandma telling me some years later what terrible people they were and that it was really horrible in their house. I also remember hearing smacking sounds coming from their living room whilst outside in the back garden during summer followed by their child screaming and crying as they had no qualms about whacking that poor little boy of theirs really hard willy-nilly with their back door and living room windows wide open.

I keep having fantasies about getting in a boxing ring with both the bloke and the woman, especially as they seemed like child-beaters and also husband/wife-beaters and see how they like being beaten black and blue, even though I never have any actual intention of doing such a thing as I'm not really a violent person.

Mind you, I had a few wallops off my own parents (especially my mom) back then; sometimes for seemingly the most trivial of things and my grandma also told me that they went through a phase of having a lot of domestics themselves back then around 1978-1980. My dad admitted to me recently that he and my mom didn't really know any better back then regarding both smacking children and domestics in general and were going by a lot of the prevailing attitudes of the time, but probably would have done things different had they known back then what they know now.

Anyway, that gobsh1te family next door to us at our previous house moved away (to Germany) when I was about 3 1/2 and a tamer family thankfully moved in after them.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information