Thread: Mental health crisis, i need help

Mental health crisis, i need help

Hi everyone, used to be pretty active here during an anxious panic and was able to control it for a while and made a new account named worrybshibe when i had a panic attack. Recently had antidepressants and since then I havent been the same, stopped taking them. 24/7 i just feel off.. tense, my mind is empty and i go in and out of fight or flight. I know none of my health, social, or general anxiety is rational and i feel like its spiraled into a depression that keeps pulling me deeper and deeper. 24/7 panic. Pulse rate was 170 last night, i feel so empty, so scared, so alone. I dont know what to do, im trying to get help. I cant feel anything anymore, Ive been bedridden for 4 days. Sadness just washes over me. Ive been told im healthy time and time again with 4 emergency room visits, several covid tesyd, ekgs, blood tests. As the days pass i feel more and more confused, my aunt was a hypocondriac who committed suicide to end the worrying. Am i to follow her footsteps? Can you really just.. get help? everywheres closed on the weekend. The minutes feel like hours as i wait to schedule a mental health appointment tomorrow, what do i do? I cant calm down for the life of me. I cant take this anymore. Im scared, im tired, im tired of being scared. Did the antidepressants ruin my life? Is it too late for me? Is medication the answer? I want to calm down but i panic throughout the entire day. Ive tried exercise, ive tried tea, ive tried breathing, but it feels like i cant get a single thought in my head. Its a complete void. Yet my body panics. Help me, please. What do i do? Whats wrong with me?

Re: Mental health crisis, i need help

Sending love and positive thoughts your way.

I've been there and (mostly) come out the other side. I know you can, too.

It looks like you're in the US. Is there a 24 hour helpline like we have over here called the Samaritans? If so you could call them? Or ask a family member or friend to come and be with you until you can contact mental health services?

Medication isn't an answer on it's own, you probably need some counselling/CBT as well. It sounds to me like you are very anxious/panicky with depression thrown in. You can get back from this, it isn't too late, it will just take a little time.

Hang on in there, this isn't forever.

I have a helpline and friends who are letting ne stay with them until i can get some help tomorrow, ive been working with my doctor as well. Times have been tough, getting to tomorrow feels hard. Tomorrow im starting a recovery plan and have the option of staying in the hospital to monitor me as im medicated. I just feel broken, and am hoping to get help as soon as im able to. I just wish i had a coping mechanism to help me get to tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Leafers View Post
    Hi everyone, used to be pretty active here during an anxious panic and was able to control it for a while and made a new account named worrybshibe when i had a panic attack. Recently had antidepressants and since then I havent been the same, stopped taking them. 24/7 i just feel off.. tense, my mind is empty and i go in and out of fight or flight. I know none of my health, social, or general anxiety is rational and i feel like its spiraled into a depression that keeps pulling me deeper and deeper. 24/7 panic. Pulse rate was 170 last night, i feel so empty, so scared, so alone. I dont know what to do, im trying to get help. I cant feel anything anymore, Ive been bedridden for 4 days. Sadness just washes over me. Ive been told im healthy time and time again with 4 emergency room visits, several covid tesyd, ekgs, blood tests. As the days pass i feel more and more confused, my aunt was a hypocondriac who committed suicide to end the worrying. Am i to follow her footsteps? Can you really just.. get help? everywheres closed on the weekend. The minutes feel like hours as i wait to schedule a mental health appointment tomorrow, what do i do? I cant calm down for the life of me. I cant take this anymore. Im scared, im tired, im tired of being scared. Did the antidepressants ruin my life? Is it too late for me? Is medication the answer? I want to calm down but i panic throughout the entire day. Ive tried exercise, ive tried tea, ive tried breathing, but it feels like i cant get a single thought in my head. Its a complete void. Yet my body panics. Help me, please. What do i do? Whats wrong with me?
    Hi! I Know the feeling. I'm a social worker and we are here for you. There are also online consultations nowadays open for people who is suffering from anxiety and depression. If you are having panic attacks, let it pass. Just don't overthink it, don't panic on what to do, just let it flow. It is always best to think of happy thoughts. Don't think of the negatives on what might happen. If you highly need help contact your family or friends to ask them for help.

Enable GingerCannot connect to Ginger Check your internet connection
    or reload the browserDisable in this text fieldRephraseRephrase current sentenceEdit in Ginger×

Thread Information